So I'm getting my own little shooting range sorta...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't remember if I posted this or not but one of the biggest projects that needed to be done sooner than later was this back wall and window. The window heavily and this back corner for whatever reason always stays damp if it rains because there's no sunlight or when so a lot of deciding which was heater needed to be replaced and the window too. For the time being we replaced deciding shown and the bottom boards around half of the house that had yet to be done. My dad and I did the bottom boards on the other half of the house last summer so it looks like we are pretty good there now. I got this in primer finally and will paint tomorrow. The whole house needs to be scraped and wire brushed and painted but this was the worst spot and definitely looks better now. Lots of rot in this spot but hey...the house is over 120yrs old and now it's fixed so I'd say it's doing pretty good.

View attachment 307338
If that is Cedar, the woodpeckers will love it!

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boy I wish there were still pheasants around here but there just aren't. Usually when we are up here during the summer you could see them running across the roads and swooping in at night but in the 10 months I have been here I have only seen one. I'm going to walk a few of the usual places when pheasant season comes around but have a feeling it's just going to be exercise. I remember about 20 years ago being able to go hunting out here with my dad, uncle, grandpa, great grandpa and all 5 of us could limit out before lunch. Now you can walk all week and just hope you at least see one rooster but are lucky if you even see a few hens.

Last edited:

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boy I wish there were still pheasants around here but they're just aren't. Usually when we are up here during the summer you could see them running across the roads and swooping in at night but in the 10 months I have been here I have only seen one. I'm going to walk a few of the usual places when pheasant season comes around but have a feeling it's just going to be exercise. I remember about 20 years ago being able to go hunting out here with my dad, uncle, grandpa, great grandpa and all 5 of us could limit out before lunch. Now you can walk all week and just hope you at least see one rooster but are lucky if you even see a few hens.
But those are great memories

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More rambling.
My hillbilly bench set at 50 yards. After this pic I set the other two at 7 and 25 to set pistol stuff on while shooting steel. They ain't fancy but they work and were free!

IMG_20220917_183831355.jpg

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have a friend on this forum visit this weekend....got to do lots of playing today. Basically a little of everything today. Trying out his new Lab Radar, shooting some toys he brought and some of mine. Did some of everything, Texas star, dueling tree, hanging plate rack and 100-500yd rifle stuff. Enjoying snacking on some of his home made beef jerky all day then grilled steaks for dinner. It's kinda fun to be able to do all this within a few steps of your living room!
Tomorrow we build a wall to start the reloading room and hopefully maybe start to get the Dillons set up finally. Another awesome part is he delivered me some much needed powder. 2# Varget, 2.5# 4320 and 2# 4064. Should keep me shooting a few calibers for a bit!

20221104_112809.jpg
20221104_112749.jpg
20221104_140718.jpg
20221104_151008.jpg
20221103_224731.jpg

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reloading room wall built. It's going to basically be 12x12. This is from the "outside" of the room. It obviously needs to be finished out but this would have taken me forever to do alone, but only took a few hours and came out better thanks to the help of my "range visitor". I did all the hard work like holding the windows in and giving thumbs up lol

20221105_150511.jpg

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome place.

I moved into my Granddad's hose, when I moved to Okla.
It was like coming home for me.
The house had been unoccupied for 7 years and little maintenance done for 15 years.
Living in and trying to repair, remodel, update is a satisfying challenge.

Winter may be a challenge, with unpaved road and no 4-wheel drive. BUTyou will manage.

Welcome HOME.

Latest posts

Top Bottom