So I've never eaten a MRE before

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But a coworker gave me one, so why not!
I know many of you guys lived off of these for who knows how long, who knows wher...but I have never had the "pleasure"
Always been curious....
Beef stew is heating up.
Strawberry mix is...mixing.
Hooah bar wasnt too bad.
Cheese and crackers while the stew finishes warming up.

20210506_152157.jpg
20210506_153045.jpg
20210506_152347.jpg

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in long ago enough to have eaten the first generation of MRE. You learned real quick to be selective. A few things were pretty good. A few things weren't bad. The rest was kind of rough to terrible. Fast forward to the late 90's and I get deployed to Kuwait. By this time was on the second or third generation MRE's. Very notable improvement. There was only a few things I just couldn't get cozy with. You've made me curious about how they would be now.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I didnt mix the strawberry stuff up enough...it was still pretty chunky LOL. Not horrible though!
I put some cheese on a cracker and again, not horrible. Didnt seem that much different than Cheeze Wiz.

Gonna mix the rest of the cheese, crackers and hot sauce with the stew.

So the cheese is gonna stop me up huh? I guess thats why you only get 5 squares of TP LOL!

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been on a kick lately on the Youtube rabbit hole and apparently there's guys who make videos of eating old MREs. I watched one the other day of a guy fixing up some breakfast from I think the 70s...
I'm not that brave.

Latest posts

Top Bottom