So I've never eaten a MRE before

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was maybe five or six, there was a military parade and demontration in Long Beach, CA. Because my late father had a lot of connections in the Navy which was there at the time, I got some special treament. This giant man in Marine dress blues with a jacket loaded with ribbons and medals came up to me and asked me if I wanted to come over and sit behind their M2 50 cal machine gun. Yes sir! Best day in my life! Then he gave me a can of C-Rations to take home and eat!!! LOVED IT! It could have been south of dog crap but I was on a cloud for a couple of weeks having sat behind a Browning 50cal and getting a can of real Marine food. At that point in my life, I wanted to become a Captain in the US Marines.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As said above the first generation of MRE was horrible.
Very constipating, a medical guy told me he recommended taking about half of a laxative every other day to try to get some movement.
They had two little chiclets in them as "dessert" and he said they ought to replace it with Feen a Mint gum.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been on a kick lately on the Youtube rabbit hole and apparently there's guys who make videos of eating old MREs. I watched one the other day of a guy fixing up some breakfast from I think the 70s...
I'm not that brave.

Is that the Crazy Russian Hacker guy? I love how excited he gets when he eats Russian Potted Meat. It's like me with BBQ Vinenna Sausages

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Calories:

Strawberry mix 480
Hooah bar 280
Cheese 180
Crackers 180
Stew 260

Coffee/creamer/sugar/gum not marked...I'll assume some calories but not major.
I dont think the hot sauce or salt would have calories.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom