So I've never eaten a MRE before

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meadhall Range

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MRE's in the 80's and 90's were mostly Ok. Did break a tooth on a dehydrated beef patty once. The biggest issue was you only had 12 selections to choose from. Try eating that 3 times a day for months on end. After a while no amount of hot sauce or creativity would help choke one down.
The key to the beef patty and pork patty was actually having time to rehydrate it. HATED those two in boot camp because you had zero time, but once out in the Fleet those became two of my favorites if I was in a situation I could rehydrate and heat them.

rivers666

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i forgot about the dehydrated beef and pork patties, and the dehydrated fruit and dehydrated ketchup, bleh. my favorite was the spaghetti, mix some cheese spread and hot sauce in it and it was pretty good, the chicken and rice was pretty good too. hated the vegetarian meals though

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You young guys….C rations canned peaches were great.

i forgot about the dehydrated beef and pork patties, and the dehydrated fruit and dehydrated ketchup, bleh. my favorite was the spaghetti, mix some cheese spread and hot sauce in it and it was pretty good, the chicken and rice was pretty good too. hated the vegetarian meals though

I see you have good taste for fine food......LOL

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I bought about 6 cases off here years ago. I still eat them about once or twice a month. I like them. An old Navy guy that use to work here told me the gum is what stops you up. I’ve never experienced a problem with them.

Ate all different types, and they mainly taste like canned stuff you buy. The beef stew reminds me of the Del Monte canned beef stew.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just remembered I have two MRE's given to me at the secret santa this last year. I need to get them out and chow down. They have to be better than the old K and C rations.
elbow macaroni in tomato sauce and chili with beans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom