So I've never eaten a MRE before

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

AKJ20

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I checked the dumpster for wildlife there were cases of cut open MREs thrown in there. Something tells me they had someone do a pizza run or something and trashed what they were suppose to eat.

We only eat MRE's when, we have no other choices. If we can get real food, we will! lol

SFC B

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I opened up one of the MRE I got at secret Santa.
Chili with beans. Cornbread and cheese pretzels along with the crackers, cheese spread and associated items.
Lit up the heater. Put the chili packet on one side and cornbread on the other.
Chili came out Luke warm as well as the corn bread.
Chili tasted like Hormel. It was edible.
Broke up the cornbread to mix with the chili and it was quite edible. Cornbread was a tad too sweet for me as an individual dish but did well with the chili.
Saved some of the cheese pretzels for the blushing bride of 31 years as she is at her moms.
I’ll try the instant coffee in the am.
I’m sure out in the field it would be incredible but I’m a bit of a coffee snob grinding dark strong beans every morning.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I opened up one of the MRE I got at secret Santa.
Chili with beans. Cornbread and cheese pretzels along with the crackers, cheese spread and associated items.
Lit up the heater. Put the chili packet on one side and cornbread on the other.
Chili came out Luke warm as well as the corn bread.
Chili tasted like Hormel. It was edible.
Broke up the cornbread to mix with the chili and it was quite edible. Cornbread was a tad too sweet for me as an individual dish but did well with the chili.
Saved some of the cheese pretzels for the blushing bride of 31 years as she is at her moms.
I’ll try the instant coffee in the am.
I’m sure out in the field it would be incredible but I’m a bit of a coffee snob grinding dark strong beans every morning.

Way to heck too much work for coffee...

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that the Crazy Russian Hacker guy? I love how excited he gets when he eats Russian Potted Meat. It's like me with BBQ Vinenna Sausages
I love BBQ Vienna Sausages. I used to tote those and an MRE or two in my go bag when I worked for the sheriff's department. I've been stuck on crime scenes and warrant searches for hours at a time. You get hungry and those get you by.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love BBQ Vienna Sausages. I used to tote those and an MRE or two in my go bag when I worked for the sheriff's department. I've been stuck on crime scenes and warrant searches for hours at a time. You get hungry and those get you by.
I have a few cans in every bug out bag too. Can of those and a few saltneins are a meal

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite (if you can call it that) was the country cousin chicken. A chicken casserole. It was pretty good when your hungry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom