so many great single-stack 9s!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Hiryuu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tend to like slightly larger single stack pistols. I started out with a SIG P225 which is kind of a chunky gun (but shoots great!). Now it's either an HK P7 or a Kahr T9. I've been eyeing the Walther CCP despite it's wonky take-down method.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went from a glock 19 to a 26 and then a 43. The 43 was too small for my hands and the grip dug into my palm when I would shoot. Plus it wasn't as soft shooting as I would like. It's a great gun no doubt but since I got my wife a shield over a year or so ago I wanted one. So that is what I got. It fits my hand perfectly. I added some talon grips and tfo night sights. I couldn't be happier. I still miss my 26 but it was a lot bulkier and a little bit heavier as well. Some may not like the shield, but I am not one of them. I can't see how you couldn't love it. And it is very soft shooting. Much more so than the 43. It's also pretty darn accurate. And I haven't had one problem in mine or my wife's. Combo that with the cheap price and you've got yourself an amazing carry gun.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Have had a Kel-Tec PF-9. While mine never had issues, only just recently have the nightmares of not being able to pull the trigger far enough / hard enough stopped.

I have a Kahr CM9 now. Going to add another small single stack 9mm soon. My wife needs something to carry, and the Kahr slide is a little difficult for her to manipulate with authority when doing malfunction clearance drills. Have access to a G43 and Shield to try out.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went from a glock 19 to a 26 and then a 43. The 43 was too small for my hands and the grip dug into my palm when I would shoot. Plus it wasn't as soft shooting as I would like. It's a great gun no doubt but since I got my wife a shield over a year or so ago I wanted one. So that is what I got. It fits my hand perfectly. I added some talon grips and tfo night sights. I couldn't be happier. I still miss my 26 but it was a lot bulkier and a little bit heavier as well. Some may not like the shield, but I am not one of them. I can't see how you couldn't love it. And it is very soft shooting. Much more so than the 43. It's also pretty darn accurate. And I haven't had one problem in mine or my wife's. Combo that with the cheap price and you've got yourself an amazing carry gun.

Glad you like your Shield; it's a great pistol no doubt. However, I found it not to be my cup of tea. :coffee2:

The awesomeness of the Glock 43 rides with me in its place when I feel the need to carry a small piece.

HK P7. I have 4 of them.

And as for you, doctorjj, ...nobody likes a braggart! FOUR??? Dang...

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always had a sweet spot in my heart for the Sig P239. Never shot one but I would love to own one some day.

I had a Sig P239 for about a year; loved the handling of the pistol too. But mine would occasionally fail to feed, even with FMJ and with 4 different magazines. The gun is heavy for what it is, but very accurate. I just never could get mine to run 100%. Sold it off with full disclosure to a fellow who said he just wanted it as range gun. I sure hated that I just couldn't trust the gun as a carry poiece, it is a beauty in my opinion .

Dalejbrass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Started my EDC with a Kimber Ultra Carry, then a Glock 19, then Glock 26, then Kahr CM9 and now a Glock 43. At first, I didn't like the idea of only having a "single" stack.......but, was very tired of the weight and being uncomfortable carrying all the time. Went from IWB at 3 oclock to AIWB with a Keepers Concealment and couldn't be happier. The Glock 43 just disappears and I can wear it with pants, slacks, shorts, T-shirts or dress shirts and stay comfortable all day long. Now...with that said....I didn't like the idea of 6 round mags......so, I installed Taran Tactical +2 bases and feel much better with 8+1 and I carry 1-2 backup mags in my pockets. I'm consolidated knowing that if I can't get it done and out a situation with 17 rounds or 25 rounds, I don't think having double stack mags is going to make a difference. JMO.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Started my EDC with a Kimber Ultra Carry, then a Glock 19, then Glock 26, then Kahr CM9 and now a Glock 43. At first, I didn't like the idea of only having a "single" stack.......but, was very tired of the weight and being uncomfortable carrying all the time. Went from IWB at 3 oclock to AIWB with a Keepers Concealment and couldn't be happier. The Glock 43 just disappears and I can wear it with pants, slacks, shorts, T-shirts or dress shirts and stay comfortable all day long. Now...with that said....I didn't like the idea of 6 round mags......so, I installed Taran Tactical +2 bases and feel much better with 8+1 and I carry 1-2 backup mags in my pockets. I'm consolidated knowing that if I can't get it done and out a situation with 17 rounds or 25 rounds, I don't think having double stack mags is going to make a difference. JMO.
I used to feel the same way about single stacks. But in the end I just said I can easily carry about 25 rounds on me comfortably. I carry my shield owb in an F3 kydex holster and an F3 kydex double mag pouch. If 25 ain't enough I am screwed either way. I wear a t-shirt all the time while carrying owb and you can't even tell. That's how good the kydex hides. Rides extremely close to the body. Now if I'm carrying in a shoulder rig I will carry a bigger pistol but not on the hip. I am completely confident in my single stack 9.

Latest posts

Top Bottom