so many great single-stack 9s!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, theres a really weird coil type spring under one of the grip panels. I dont even remember if it was a trigger spring or what. Or if it was even on all the 3rd gen or just specific models. Anyway, the spring is terrible and seems to always break. The only replacement for it is a new factory one of the same design. Honestly thats been a few years back and that was the only time I have even been in one of those guns and Im sure someone on here knows way more about them than I do.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I got curious so I dug out my 3rd gen armorers manual from class. Either I was wrong and it wasnt a spring but was instead what they call a side plate which holds the sear pin and also acts as a detent for the slide stop, or its a part that is only in the DAO or the ones with the decock lever. So basically Im no help. No help at all.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know anything about 9mm 3rd Gen Smiths. I have owned several and still have a few and have not had any problems. My 59xx and 69xx are both flawless shooters. The 3953 is a very nice concealed carry gun. All three are tank and will chew up and spit out whatever I load them with.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't been on here in some time, but this is a subject that I truly enjoy. I'm very fond of single stack 9MM pistol's(actually all medium an small single stack pistols 9mm an smaller). My favorites are these;
1. HK P7PSP
2. Walther P5
3. SIG P225 Old & New
4. S&W 3913, and her larger brother 639
5. Walther CCP
6. Colt Combat Commander
7. "When they can be found" The Beretta 92FS M model
8. SIG P210
9. Walther P38, P4, P38k
10. Last but not least the Luger P08

Of these I have the first five listed and number 9 the P38 an P4. Of the others I don't have, I hope to get a SIG P210 one day.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom