So, taking a new co-ed shooting this evening.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we also have a martial arts school in Stillwater.
Cool. I will tell my stepdaughter going to school there this fall about your place for somewhere to go workout.

(My cousin George Baldwin was an original member of the original 'wild bunch' in Stillwater back in the early 70s. He has a martial arts school in Monterey California now. Hes the one who got me started in martial arts in the late 70s. I was a little punk kid always tagging along behind him, I loved to watch the WB guys spar in the back yards there).

[video=youtube_share;B29cYPl-nSk]http://youtu.be/B29cYPl-nSk[/video]

Last edited:

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool. We'd love to have her come train. We do Tae Kwon Do until black belt. The. We incorporate youn what ryu self defense techniques. What martial arts background does you and your stepdaughter have?

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What?,,,

Co-ed is a perfectly acceptable word.

I'm really getting tired of people attacking the words I've used all my life.

Just because I don't use the current hipster vocabulary,,,
Doesn't mean my comments don't have meaning.

I've got your "Leave it to Beaver" innuendo hangin'.

Aarond

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool. We'd love to have her come train. We do Tae Kwon Do until black belt. The. We incorporate youn what ryu self defense techniques. What martial arts background does you and your stepdaughter have?
Me, Goju ryu in the beginning as a little kid (with Earl Gilkey), later some TKD and point tournaments (I can still probably do a decent ChonJi, lolll), started wrestling and boxing in jr high, wrestled and boxed all thru HS and even boxed after HS for awhile thinking about a career with it but went in another direction, practiced JKD in Oklahoma but mainly in California about 20 years, now Im just an old fart with a bad knee that I wont get fixed who still boxes and lifts weights for my exercise. The kids have all done taekwondo and karate, son went thru Cooks program but now he's boxing, daughter is really more interested in MMA type training but she doesnt mind going thru a strict program tho to have a place to workout. I will tell her to come see you guys when she gets settled in

Last edited:

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me, Goju ryu in the beginning as a little kid (with Earl Gilkey), later some TKD and point tournaments (I can still probably do a decent ChonJi, lolll), started wrestling and boxing in jr high, wrestled and boxed all thru HS and even boxed after HS for awhile thinking about a career with it but went in another direction, practiced JKD in Oklahoma but mainly in California about 20 years, now Im just an old fart with a bad knee that I wont get fixed who still boxes and lifts weights for my exercise. The kids have all done taekwondo and karate, son went thru Cooks program but now he's boxing, daughter is really more interested in MMA type training but she doesnt mind going thru a strict program tho to have a place to workout. I will tell her to come see you guys when she gets settled in

Sound like your family has done a little bit of it all. I have only be training for 2 years. My wife has been in martial arts for almost 18 years now. My wife works at OSU (and is an alum), so if your daughter ever has any questions I'm sure my wife would be happy to answer. When she gets settled in, she is more than welcome to come try out a class with us.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool. I will tell my stepdaughter going to school there this fall about your place for somewhere to go workout.

(My cousin George Baldwin was an original member of the original 'wild bunch' in Stillwater back in the early 70s. He has a martial arts school in Monterey California now. Hes the one who got me started in martial arts in the late 70s. I was a little punk kid always tagging along behind him, I loved to watch the WB guys spar in the back yards there).

[video=youtube_share;B29cYPl-nSk]http://youtu.be/B29cYPl-nSk[/video]

Wow. That brings back memories of the 70's. Not sure but some of those folks look familiar from competitions 73-80. I was with Kangs in Tulsa on a three man team with Kelly Hogan and Dale Cook. I don't remember the exact years, but Kelly was on the OSU TKD team. Fun stuff for sure.