So There I Was, Coming Home From Spencer's BBQ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ACV...

Actual cash value. A number unavailable to practically everyone; based on the Mannheim auction sales values. Be sure to let your insurance deal with the at fault parties insurance, that's why you pay them. Don't take a low ball offer, they have room to ensure you are "made whole". Including any medical expenses that might find you in a month or two.

Happy to hear no significant physical injury, hope it works to your advantage.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They will negotiate. The first offer they gave us on my wife’s 2017 Cayenne Turbo that burned in our house fire was about $50,000 too low. I called and told them they were crazy, told them all the options it had and that we wanted a replacement car that had all those options (hint: there wasn’t another one available in the country anywhere). Their second offer was what it should have been. We took it and are now ordering a new one.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They will negotiate. The first offer they gave us on my wife’s 2017 Cayenne Turbo that burned in our house fire was about $50,000 too low. I called and told them they were crazy, told them all the options it had and that we wanted a replacement car that had all those options (hint: there wasn’t another one available in the country anywhere). Their second offer was what it should have been. We took it and are now ordering a new one.
Dang, sorry to hear about the house fire. My sister's house burnt to the foundation. Her losses were devastating even with insurance.
I've learned. I have a huge file in our tornado shelter of everything we buy that could be replaced by receipt and owners manual.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's about 2:30 AM and had to get up for a bathroom break. Thanks for the replies and good wishes! USAA is my insurance carrier. I'll keep you posted as to what is offered. In the morning we'll have to go to the wrecker of and clean out the car and I'm taking everything I can, mats, owners manual-whatever can be carted off.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's about 2:30 AM and had to get up for a bathroom break. Thanks for the replies and good wishes! USAA is my insurance carrier. I'll keep you posted as to what is offered. In the morning we'll have to go to the wrecker of and clean out the car and I'm taking everything I can, mats, owners manual-whatever can be carted off.

Take it all. They will offer you CCC, but run an NADA and request that. It's usually higher.

And no they don't get a bonus for not paying out, too funny. It's bad enough folks don't know much about insurance, but it's worse the ones that are ignorant and give shittie advice. Cards knows his stuff, listen to him. If you have direct questions send a PM.

Also don't be an arse to the adjuster, if you have questions ask, if you aren't happy tell them.

Last edited:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to file a claim for a totaled (rollover) vehicle about six years ago. They gave me their offer, and I called back to point out the brand-new tires (~$900) and a few other things. Fifteen minutes on the phone netted me about an $800 increase on an eight-year-old, 160k+ Explorer.

The first offer is a starting point; fight for every dime.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Insurance companies use NADA. Crooked car dealer use Kelly BB. Type in year with model options condition and mileage. My experience is with one totaled bike and a stolen one. Depreciation gets you big time. At times like this you almost wish you didn’t pay it off and had gap because of devaluation. Not that you would get it. Just the satisfaction of the insurance company having to dish out more

Latest posts

Top Bottom