So There I Was, Coming Home From Spencer's BBQ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why would you negotiate a settlement with YOUR insurance company??? You have more leverage with the at fault driver's insurance.
I think USAA is going to pay off and then go after the guy that hit me. Monday i'll get a copy of the police report and see who had insurance and then call the guy's insurance agency that rear ended us.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can’t see due to swelling but the eye itself is ok. Now the Rt wrist is hurting and some ROM is less. Yep, went to the ER and rec’d treatment but if problems persist I’m going to family doc Monday. I’ve already told insurance company that I may go to the PMD Monday.
Dang man, that swelling looks terrible. I would be sure and document any injuries anywhere near that. Take lots of pictures. Did you get pictures of your car and the other vehicles involved. Just in case you need them later.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It might pay to have your wife see a doctor immediately.

On the daytime court TV shows (yeah, I know technically it's arbitration), one of the first questions asked is, "How soon did you see a doctor after the incident?"

The longer you wait, the more they tend to think you're just milking the claim.
When I got hit in a rear end collision pulling a John Deere Disk down the highway(pics and story posted previously) myself and buddy that was in the pickup with me immediately went to the ER even though we didn't think we were hurt badly, just bruised and shook up.
Just the day before I had read in the news that a guy refused treatment after an accident, went home and died of internal bleeding that he didn't know he had.
We had nothing seriously wrong, but getting checked out was peace of mind. Days later I was so stove up that I had to make multiple trips to the bone cracker to get things back aligned.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think USAA is going to pay off and then go after the guy that hit me. Monday i'll get a copy of the police report and see who had insurance and then call the guy's insurance agency that rear ended us.

I'm sure they will, but that's the wrong way to go in my opinion.......

The at fault driver's insurance company has more motivation to satisfy you on the property damage because of the pending medical claim (and you do have one).

USAA will pay what they think the car is worth with no consideration for the injury.....again, you have a lot more leverage with the at fault driver's insurance company.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a great deal of experience with insurance adjusters. I know of none that get bonuses for not paying out,, but - they are 'adjusters'.

Their job is to pay you as little as it takes to make the claim go away. They "adjust". They have leeway, and will usually recognize a legitimate, realistic claim.

But they still have to answer to management, and they have to justify what they pay. You can usually get more than the initial offer, if you can make your case.

That's not good or bad, merely reality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom