So there is a blurb in the scroller on ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are more markers among humans that would make them potential serial killers or a Psycho. There may be several of us guilty as charged on this forum.

If you’re a big fan of bitter beer drinks, such as IPAs, Negronis, Boulevardiers and the like, scientists at the University of Innsbruck in Austria have uncovered that you’re also more likely to exhibit malevolent personality traits. The same is true if you crave black coffee or tonic water. Basically, you’re a psycho.

To come to their conclusion, scientists surveyed 1,000 participants and asked them to rank a variety of foods on a six-point preference scale. Once the foods were ranked, respondents were also asked to complete a personality questionnaire. The results were then scrubbed against each other to determine the results.

https://vinepair.com/booze-news/if-...ience-says-youre-more-likely-to-by-psychotic/

Hey Dennis, have you ever watched the special titled "Kemper on Kemper - Inside the Mind of a Serial Killer"?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9154456/

The gist is that serial killer Ed Kemper was incredibly open and forthright about the inner workings of his mind. Two FBI agents interviewed him extensively. Those interviews and a questionnaire developed from those interviews became the backbone of the FBI's serial killer profiling techniques.

Anyway, one of the early signs of a budding serial killer is the torture of animals. It's a way for them to take their rage out on something else and regain some of their lost power. It's not an automatic predictor, but an overwhelming number of serial killers started with animals as their first animate victims.

Obviously not all animal torturers become serial killers. If the abuse of the tormented person stops before they act, they're redeemable. Once they do the deeds and get that high, they're usually gone for good. Kemper is the outlier. He killed a total of ten people (two he was caught and committed for, the rest after he was released). Then he stopped and turned himself in, confessed and never stopped cooperating. At one of his parole hearings he even said "society is not ready in any shape of form for me. I can't blame them for that." He has an IQ of 145 and is incredibly self-aware.

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Back to the point, few things would ever trigger me to remove all the safeties on my inner beast. I can say without reservation that torturing one of the beloved pet members of my family is one of them. People identify with the John Wick character for this exact reason.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The teenager (I hesitate to call him a kid) was caught on video torturing and beating this puppy for an extended length of time, about a month ago, IIRC. Social media being what it is these days, the guy wound up several thousand dollars and free vet care for the dog.

I dunno what has transpired since but apparently the guy who owned the dog shot and killed the teenager Sunday night. He is charged with 2nd degree murder.

Personally I think he did the world a favor and should be given a medal and sent on his merry way ... because the little **** was just one step away from finding a toddler ... or grade school kid ... and honing his "art" ... but alas, I don't rule the world.
Wish I could get on that jury ! ....acquittal !

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Dennis, have you ever watched the special titled "Kemper on Kemper - Inside the Mind of a Serial Killer"?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9154456/

The gist is that serial killer Ed Kemper was incredibly open and forthright about the inner workings of his mind. Two FBI agents interviewed him extensively. Those interviews and a questionnaire developed from those interviews became the backbone of the FBI's serial killer profiling techniques.

Anyway, one of the early signs of a budding serial killer is the torture of animals. It's a way for them to take their rage out on something else and regain some of their lost power. It's not an automatic predictor, but an overwhelming number of serial killers started with animals as their first animate victims.

Obviously not all animal torturers become serial killers. If the abuse of the tormented person stops before they act, they're redeemable. Once they do the deeds and get that high, they're usually gone for good. Kemper is the outlier. He killed a total of ten people (two he was caught and committed for, the rest after he was released). Then he stopped and turned himself in, confessed and never stopped cooperating. At one of his parole hearings he even said "society is not ready in any shape of form for me. I can't blame them for that." He has an IQ of 145 and is incredibly self-aware.

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Back to the point, few things would ever trigger me to remove all the safeties on my inner beast. I can say without reservation that torturing one of the beloved pet members of my family is one of them. People identify with the John Wick character for this exact reason.

I will watch it. Sounds very interesting.

Now, as far as the post of mine that you quoted, I should have cut it off after the second paragraph. The part that said people that enjoy bitter beers like IPA’s is one of the markers of a psycho, and been more explanatory but the rest of it was so interesting that I didn’t.
My point would have been that this last summer I became a craft beer snob of the IPA variety and have spent my idle time since then trying to sample them all to nominate the best, and to notify y’all there may be a psycho in your midst according to the guidelines of our learned head shrinks that gather data about IPA beer drinkers.
That is all. [emoji12][emoji12]

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will watch it. Sounds very interesting.

Now, as far as the post of mine that you quoted, I should have cut it off after the second paragraph. The part that said people that enjoy bitter beers like IPA’s is one of the markers of a psycho, and been more explanatory but the rest of it was so interesting that I didn’t.
My point would have been that this last summer I became a craft beer snob of the IPA variety and have spent my idle time since then trying to sample them all to nominate the best, and to notify y’all there may be a psycho in your midst according to the guidelines of our learned head shrinks that gather data about IPA beer drinkers.
That is all. [emoji12][emoji12]

Knowing what I know of you, I have no doubt you possess and inner psycho just like me. The operative difference between us and the people we're discussing, being the number of safeties we've placed on said inner psycho! ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom