So there we wuz...justa ranchin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for including me in that adventure, not much for AB soup though so you can keep it... I've had to push a prolapse back in before but on one of your lesser favorite critters.. Hope our cows don't bother providing us with such a excitement , I'm not likely as good at sewing as you are.. Since that happened , she'd be a good candidate for hamburger.. Well done bro and always good to see them girls traveling by your side..

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No chains needed, I have 10 nuts from 5 piglets that need pulled, you down for a little nut tugging,? Ear protection needed though..
I’ve never cut a pig. I’m sure it’s a lil different since things are arranged a lil different.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve never cut a pig. I’m sure it’s a lil different since things are arranged a lil different.
Hold em uppaside down by the back legs with your left hand. Slice the scrotum with two vertical slits in the rear about the size of half the testicle. Squeeze em like a pimple and when they pop out grab hold and pull. Add stop leak and tetanus shot. The hardest part is catchin em.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seem to remember a vet dealing with a dairy cow that prolapsed. He stuffed it all back in and if I remember right he stitched it from two places on the outside on the side of the cow not her lady opening. Before the birth her uterus was twisted and he had to figure out which way and how many times. He rolled her two times to the left on a big cow table and saved the heifer calf. He used wine and whiskey in an eye dropper in the calf's mouth on her gums to jump start her. Wine to make it taste good and whiskey to give her throat a kick to start wanting to breathe and open her eyes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wine to make it taste good and whiskey to give her throat a kick to start wanting to breathe and open her eyes.
My uncle used Peppermint Schnapps to do the same, and used it to get a downer on its feet and move to the trailer to get it to walk in to the processor. They won't take downers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom