So there we wuz...justa ranchin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hold em uppaside down by the back legs with your left hand. Slice the scrotum with two vertical slits in the rear about the size of half the testicle. Squeeze em like a pimple and when they pop out grab hold and pull. Add stop leak and tetanus shot. The hardest part is catchin em.

That's pretty much how I remember it from about 50 years ago working on a KS hog farm one summer. The catching/holding part gets even tougher when the farmer has let them go a little longer than he should have and they have put on weight/developed more muscles.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's pretty much how I remember it from about 50 years ago working on a KS hog farm one summer. The catching/holding part gets even tougher when the farmer has let them go a little longer than he should have and they have put on weight/developed more muscles.
I shoulda put in the second hardest part is holdin em.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are so fortunate to have three daughters that will jump right in the middle of such stuff. And, they are so fortunate for having a Dad like you who will teach them such. Brings back memories of helping my Dad pull calves on Holsteins. It seemed like every Holstein calf had to be pulled!

Latest posts

Top Bottom