So this free of charge registry of AR pistols as SBRs???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is my first public comment on it, but I submitted SBR papers 12/9/20. I hope I beat the mad rush by a couple days, but I doubt it. I told my wife when we were getting printed that as soon as I pay $200 for something, it's gonna become free.
When I bought my can, I just had a strong as hell feeling that within a couple years the HPA would pass. Sadly, that didn't happen.
However it sounds like a dovaload of people are going to get free SBR stamps.

I created a trust and efiled this time, did it the old fashioned way last time.
For future reference, anyone wanting fingerprints, Yukon PD does them with appointment M-F 9-5 (I'm not a Yukon resident, it didn't matter to them). MUCH easier than Canadian County.

For the record, I still firmly believe these will be categorized separately from SBRs and won't be eligible for a stock, just a stamped brace. We'll see.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my first public comment on it, but I submitted SBR papers 12/9/20. I hope I beat the mad rush by a couple days, but I doubt it. I told my wife when we were getting printed that as soon as I pay $200 for something, it's gonna become free.
When I bought my can, I just had a strong as hell feeling that within a couple years the HPA would pass. Sadly, that didn't happen.
However it sounds like a dovaload of people are going to get free SBR stamps.

I created a trust and efiled this time, did it the old fashioned way last time.
For future reference, anyone wanting fingerprints, Yukon PD does them with appointment M-F 9-5 (I'm not a Yukon resident, it didn't matter to them). MUCH easier than Canadian County.

For the record, I still firmly believe these will be categorized separately from SBRs and won't be eligible for a stock, just a stamped brace. We'll see.

That's a really good point... if you're stuck with a registered weapon classified as an SBR, screw the brace and just put a stock on it! Of course, you've also got to go to the trouble of getting it engraved, right? Ugh. But if it's registered (aka 'stamped') and you are stuck with still using a sh***y pistol brace and can't make a real SBR out of it, you've just screwed yourself. I bet you're right, it's gonna be a slightly different class or have some kind of notation on the stamp that it isn't a "real" SBR.

I oughtta register a few of them, just to get stamps. It's not like I'm not on a list already, anyways.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a really good point... if you're stuck with a registered weapon classified as an SBR, screw the brace and just put a stock on it! Of course, you've also got to go to the trouble of getting it engraved, right? Ugh. But if it's registered (aka 'stamped') and you are stuck with still using a sh***y pistol brace and can't make a real SBR out of it, you've just screwed yourself. I bet you're right, it's gonna be a slightly different class or have some kind of notation on the stamp that it isn't a "real" SBR.

I oughtta register a few of them, just to get stamps. It's not like I'm not on a list already, anyways.
Two things about engraving, make sure they spell the damn thing right and it doesn't have to be overly visible. Alot of ppl still do inside the magwell.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom