So this free of charge registry of AR pistols as SBRs???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the record, I still firmly believe these will be categorized separately from SBRs and won't be eligible for a stock, just a stamped brace. We'll see.

The rule making policy that is open for comment right specifically says pistols previously equipped with braces will be considered SBRs when the rule goes into effect.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The rule making policy that is open for comment right specifically says pistols previously equipped with braces will be considered SBRs when the rule goes into effect.
I say what I believe, hard to trust that they won't change the wording at any time.
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and it'll be for the best for everyone

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me a damned bit to see them make them an SBR(minus), which is a pistol, cannot be converted to a true rifle stock and still requires a $200 stamp and approval to transfer.

This is another big deal to me - if you're stuck with a pistol-braced gun, can't put a stock on it and who the hell is going to pay to buy and transfer a plain ol' AR pistol? No one. You're stuck with it for life, in its current config.

I'd do a half dozen of 'em for free, but that's the thing - you're stuck engraving them and will literally have them for life. Essentially NO change at selling and transferring them.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is my first public comment on it, but I submitted SBR papers 12/9/20. I hope I beat the mad rush by a couple days, but I doubt it. I told my wife when we were getting printed that as soon as I pay $200 for something, it's gonna become free.
When I bought my can, I just had a strong as hell feeling that within a couple years the HPA would pass. Sadly, that didn't happen.
However it sounds like a dovaload of people are going to get free SBR stamps.

I created a trust and efiled this time, did it the old fashioned way last time.
For future reference, anyone wanting fingerprints, Yukon PD does them with appointment M-F 9-5 (I'm not a Yukon resident, it didn't matter to them). MUCH easier than Canadian County.

For the record, I still firmly believe these will be categorized separately from SBRs and won't be eligible for a stock, just a stamped brace. We'll see.
you could be correct.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me a damned bit to see them make them an SBR(minus), which is a pistol, cannot be converted to a true rifle stock and still requires a $200 stamp and approval to transfer.

This is another big deal to me - if you're stuck with a pistol-braced gun, can't put a stock on it and who the hell is going to pay to buy and transfer a plain ol' AR pistol? No one. You're stuck with it for life, in its current config.

I'd do a half dozen of 'em for free, but that's the thing - you're stuck engraving them and will literally have them for life. Essentially NO change at selling and transferring them.
I'm confused on the engraving. If I currently have an AR Pistol with a brace on it,,,,,, that pistol has a serial-numbered receiver.... What's the engraving for ? Maybe I'm confusing a couple of issues here.... ? Does it have to get a new serial number, thus the engraving?

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm confused on the engraving. If I currently have an AR Pistol with a brace on it,,,,,, that pistol has a serial-numbered receiver.... What's the engraving for ? Maybe I'm confusing a couple of issues here.... ? Does it have to get a new serial number, thus the engraving?

Like any SBR, it's gotta be engraved with the name and city/state of the person or trust it's registered to

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The SB tactical adjustable braces use the adjustable mil-spec buffer tube that will take a stock . . . if you have one and decide to take the ATF up on their offer you should be able to put a vertical forward grip on it and register as an AOW instead of an SBR. I believe it only costs $5 to transfer an AOW to another owner instead of the $200. At least that's what I've been reading on several of the "popular" gun blogs since this junk with braces hit the fan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom