So, this guy is my friend???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
spider.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I had one of those build a web across the rails on my front porch steps the other day. Basically a webbed gate at the bottom of the steps.

Of course I had my hands full so I had to put my stuff down and find something to clear the web so I could get off the porch.

That was the first time I've seen one here since I moved in over twelve years ago.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, this guy is my friend???
View attachment 225703
Long as he's not too near the house, I'd say he probably is.

Bear in mind they have about 370 trillion spiderlings (spiderettes?) ... babies. More or less, of course, but they're tiny and may come inside if near the house.

Not really a spider lover (or expert, obviously), but those are kinda cool.
:drunk2:
___

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Golden Orb Weaver. Very good spider to have around. They are non-aggressive, non-venomous (to humans), eat many, many bugs. They do build large webs (with a tell-tale zig-zag down the middle), but, again, are good to have around your garden. A lot of times if a human approaches their web they will move it to get your attention and prevent you from walking into it. The biggest one I've seen to date had a legspan of about softball size and her web was an easy 4ft long by 2 ft wide.

Latest posts

Top Bottom