So this has just been sucking.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 2 weeks ago, I went and got me some of that there covid. Waited to test and came back negative. Let the fever clear up and head back to work. that took a few days. Back to work, but still feeling worse and worse each day. Tight chest, can't catch my breath, just sucks overall. So this past Thursday morning loaded back up to the quick med and in a matter of minutes have a postive covid test and a pulse-ox of 80. Get myself checked into the ER and spend the next several days on O2 and pneumonia meds. Thankfully it's been clearing up. I'm back home as of yesterday evening, on 2 liters of O2 for about the next week, then a follow up to see if I can get back to work again. Anyway, so far i've lost 15 pounds, quit drinking and dipping and the urge just isn't there anymore. Maybe this is for the better, we'll see.

'Twas about the same for me in the first couple weeks of September, 2021. I caught the Covid on my annual visit to the VA hospital for my annual check-up on August 30. I went to the ER on the 10th for a lack of energy, labored breathing, and minor chest pain upon sneezing, yawning, or coughing. Got diagnosed with the Covid but the Doc said I was about over the infection and I chose to go home with the 2 liters of O2 via a concentrator. I was also prescribed an anti-inflammatory.

I also lost some weight. I lost ten pounds and it helped me attain my weight loss goal! It was those last ten pounds that were being difficult. Over the last three-and-a-half years I changed up my eating habits in the attempt to reach my goal of 170 pounds from a high of 212 pounds. The first 30 or so pounds came off within the first two years, but that last 10 or 12 pounds just kept hanging on. The Covid did it for me. My weight now hovers in the 168 to 172 range and I feel great and I now have naturally acquired Covid antibodies.

The above said, I do not recommend getting the Covid as a safe or viable addition to any weight loss regimen.

Woody

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dong better today. Still using the O2 concentrator and get some coughing bouts, but overall feeling better.

That's good. I still have that damn hacking cough ... And my sinuses are driving me crazy with all this drainage ... But other than that -- and short bouts of fatigue and that brain fog **** -- I can't complain.

The guy at PT pounded on my back some yesterday -- that broke up a TON of ****. Ugh ...

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What does that mean? You got it pre jab or after? Plenty of people my wife works with are 3 jabs in and still in the hospital. I work with just one person so you can't go by me.

That can't be. Everybody on the news keeps saying it's us nasty-ass, leprosy-spreading unvaxxed that are filling up the hospitals and making nurses' days miserable. 🤷

Latest posts

Top Bottom