So this has just been sucking.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Glad you’re doing better. How was your health prior to getting it? It definitely seems to affect people differently. I was fortunate to just have a few days of flu like symptoms. I got the vaccine when it first came out because I was 65 but not sure it made my case milder or not. Take care of yourself.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm 50 and in fairly good shape. Was at 195ish with honestly a little more around the center than I've had in a while. As a ageneral rule, I don't get sick but if it happens, it hits hard. I keep active working, eating pretty good (we could all eat better right) and while I'm not a gym rat, I can pretty much run circles around the kids (30 and 40 year olds) I hang out with. That's why this has been so disheartening. I'm still taking care of my father long distance and I feel pretty vulnerable right now. I can't let him down, there's nobody else.

On a side note, I'm sure this is the at least the second, if not third time I've had it and it's never been more than a few sniffles.

StitchJones

Ayatollah of Rock-and-Roll-a
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pt, sounds like you're on the up swing of it at least. You'll be in our prayers tonight for sure (all of ya will).

It's so odd how it hits people so differently. A really good friend of mine, that has worked for me for a long time, really healthy, active, double vaxxed, his wife (same condition) absolutely wrecked by covid. I actually drove over to his place (lives a couple hours away) just to check on him after talking to him on the phone. Guy sounded like his head was full of applesauce.

Others really seem to be unbothered by it. I feel really blessed it went through our house without much flair.

Latest posts

Top Bottom