So this just happened a bit ago

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2soonerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Outside my office a guy goes jogging by in his combat gear carrying an AR down a busy road in MWC. A State Trooper rolls up. He gets out and the guy puts his weapon on the ground. The Trooper goes over and clears the AR. They briefly exchange pleasantries and the guy jogs off with his rifle in tow. You just never know what you’re going to see. Very happy to see it was a civil engagement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very happy to see that? Personally, I am not thrilled with this...not in the least. Was the guy doing anything illegal? The "trooper" had absolutely ZERO reason to even TOUCH the gun, let alone handle a weapon he may or may not have familiarity with. I equate this to "SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!!!"

To say this is acceptable is simply unacceptable.

n2soonerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very happy to see that? Personally, I am not thrilled with this...not in the least. Was the guy doing anything illegal? The "trooper" had absolutely ZERO reason to even TOUCH the gun, let alone handle a weapon he may or may not have familiarity with. I equate this to "SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!!!"

I was happy to see it didn’t escalate, that’s all I was saying. Man you are wound a little tight.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Perhaps the Trooper got permission to clear the rifle

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Trooper was only doing his job as I see it, what if he didn't stop and the guy was a nut headed for the local McDonald's to cause trouble? These days you never know. But he guy was jogging in MWC and it has gotten a little "unruly" there with drive-by shootings, and worse. Support the police, they are there if we need them and go through an awful lot they shouldn't have to go through.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not telling you what to do but with today's climate being what it is I probably wouldn't post the video. No matter why the trooper stopped, no matter how well it appeared to go, no matter what the trooper may or may not have prevented, someone might take offense and if there is anyway to identify the trooper and cause him and his family more grief than they deserve.

I cannot tell you how relieved I am Grumpy is retired. And I, for one, am happy the trooper stopped, happy the exchange appeared to go well and happy everyone went home safe and sound.

I am one of those people who has been stopped by a trooper with a ton of guns and ammo in my car. I can't remember if Grumpy and I were married at the time but I kinda think we were. Before that stop was all said and done the trooper and I had every gun I had in that car laid out on the trunk and he had checked every, single one of them out. Why? Because he was a gun guy and I had a Colt Gold Cup, my competition gun, a couple of ARs -- one with some kind of super dooper scope on it he wanted to check out -- and something else ... Oh yeah, the gun I had gone to Tulsa to buy from some OSAer.

We had a nice visit. I can only imagine what the people driving by us thought. Lol

Last edited:

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was happy to see it didn’t escalate, that’s all I was saying. Man you are wound a little tight.

Actually, I am not wound tight at all...but thanks for your opinion. Your post didn't come across to as a "happy it didn't escalate" but I agree. My big issue is that there shouldn't have been an interaction at all. A nice wave, a nod, a friendly "howdy" would have sufficed. Tell me exactly why the trooper should have touched that weapon?

n2soonerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, I am not wound tight at all...but thanks for your opinion. Your post didn't come across to as a "happy it didn't escalate" but I agree. My big issue is that there shouldn't have been an interaction at all. A nice wave, a nod, a friendly "howdy" would have sufficed. Tell me exactly why the trooper should have touched that weapon?

All right sir, you win.

Latest posts

Top Bottom