So this just happened a bit ago

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Trooper was only doing his job as I see it, what if he didn't stop and the guy was a nut headed for the local McDonald's to cause trouble? These days you never know. But he guy was jogging in MWC and it has gotten a little "unruly" there with drive-by shootings, and worse. Support the police, they are there if we need them and go through an awful lot they shouldn't have to go through.

Doing his job? Are you serious? There was no probable cause. This didn't even rise to the level of an investigatory stop. Some of you folks need to refresh yourselves on the Constitution and the protections IT SHOULD give you. I am really floored at the acquiescence to overbearing policing these days.

"These days you never know" --- what I do know is that people are OK with the police doing things that they have no reason to do. It's disturbing to me.

Holding the police to the standard that they are entrusted is not "anti police" so stop that ****.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try to remember the previous school, theater, mall, etc. shootings, and the criticism law enforcement received for "not doing their job". The individual absolutely has the right to walk around with a firearm, and the officer was only doing what everyday citizens would expect him to do.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One last note and then I am out... probable cause can be found by:

In relation to seizure of property: This exists when facts and circumstances known to the officer would lead a reasonable person to believe that the item is contraband, is stolen, or constitutes evidence of a crime.

More specifically some factors that are considered for a finding of PC are:
  • that the person to be arrested has committed a crime;
  • that the place to be searched was the scene of a crime;
  • that the place to be searched contains evidence of a crime; and/or
  • that property to be seized is contraband, stolen, or constitutes evidence of a crime.
Chew on that for a bit, folks.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The way I see it, no one on this forum knows what the hell was going on. We were not there. Lets assume the trooper was doing what he needed to be doing and the runner did what he needed to be doing and all went well, like it apparently did . We have ZERO information to go on, definitely not enough to be jumping too conclusions about what should or should not have happened in this situation.

Way too many folks automatically assume the worst.

n2soonerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way I see it, no one on this forum knows what the hell was going on. We were not there. Lets assume the trooper was doing what he needed to be doing and the runner did what he needed to be doing and all went well, like it apparently did . We have ZERO information to go on, definitely not enough to be jumping too conclusions about what should or should not have happened in this situation.

You are correct Sir. I was 30 yds away and I was unsure what was happening. I was just sharing an interesting incident that you don't necessarily see in person often. My intent was not to start a firestorm on here, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Two people can see the same incident differently. I don't really disagree with anyones comments (except the intestinal fortitude comment), just didn't see the point in arguing. It's obvious he doesn't know me. LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom