So what are the neckbeards doing with their time now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when virtually all kinds of ammo was in short supply, the neckbeards would campout at Walmart to even buy up all the .22lr they could find. Now that ammo is easily available now and at reasonable prices, what are the neckbeards doing with their free-time? Did they even make any money hoarding ammo?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hung out with some of those guys at walmart and scored ammo and kept some of them from buying any of it.
At least the ones that were reselling it for profit.
But nothing wrong with doing that you know.
Then i posted it for sale for the price I paid for it or if I seen someone on OSA looking for 22 ammo i would sell it to them for what i paid.
I even gave away a lot of it to friends that had kids or wifes that wished to shoot 22.

I still have some 555 count boxes that was selling at walmart back then for 18 bucks.
I think the same is now 333 rounds for 18.

I bet i have not shot 200 rounds of .22 since then.
My kids grew up by then and had lives of their own.

A couple times I walked past father son in the store on my way out the door with .22 ammo and sold it to them as they were trying hard to get some to shoot and had no luck.
Never made it out the door with it.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in Waco during its peak, and there was a local shop who opened late on days that stores got their shipments. They wouldnt even hide it either, waiting out front of Walmart and Academy for them to open and straight to their shelves. I'm sure they made a few dollars...but at the expense of pissing off alot of locals.

I still see people at gun shows trying to get "scare" prices for .22. I hope they choke on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom