So when Constitutional carry passes and is signed into law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd need to see a map that shows which states do not require an out of state visitor to have an out of state permit
travelmap-February-2015.png

Constcarrymap-Feb-2017.png

Last edited:

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"I only have one EDC It was drilled into me your EDC and BUG should always match at least functionality wise. Transitioning from a revolver to an auto is fine but don't mix autochuckers with different features such as external safeties and no safeties. Anything you can do to reduce any possible problems [I said:
before[/I] you get into an adrenaline charged situation.

I totally agree with your statement, almost. I can switch between my full sized 1911 IWB for every day carry 98% of the time and my Sig P-238 for pocket carry in slacks or shorts with no shirt in a flat holster in my front pocket. Both are identical in function, safety down while drawing, clearing a jam, etc, just different in size. I transition well with that.

I do have other pistols to just target shoot with, but would not carry for the familiarity reasons stated above, safety opposite direction, no safety, or having an uncocker with the safety, etc. JMO

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wifey and I will re-up most definitely. As you said, it can be just as easily taken away and especially for the reciprocity.

I only have one EDC It was drilled into me your EDC and BUG should always match at least functionality wise. Transitioning from a revolver to an auto is fine but don't mix autochuckers with different features such as external safeties and no safeties. Anything you can do to reduce any possible problems before you get into an adrenaline charged situation.
Thats my personal policy. I carry one brand/model of pistol for EDC and practice with it.
It's not good to be swapping pistolas around unless your going to BBQ's on a fairly regular basis and need to impress the attendees with your obvious good choice of weaponry.
Wife got CCL last year and chose the 10 year and I renewed for 10 the year before. As we travel a lot, we will renew again.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats my personal policy. I carry one brand/model of pistol for EDC and practice with it.
It's not good to be swapping pistolas around unless your going to BBQ's on a fairly regular basis and need to impress the attendees with your obvious good choice of weaponry.
Wife got CCL last year and chose the 10 year and I renewed for 10 the year before. As we travel a lot, we will renew again.
But, I like BBQs. Seriously though, ya'll are right about sticking with a certain type of semi-auto and I should probably pull my head out and start doing that along with still carrying my j frame. I won't give up my j frame for nothing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom