So when did this take effect?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I joined OSA several years ago, one was required to have a minimum post count and I thought either mod. approval or a waiting period before I was allowed to post in the classifieds. This was to "prove" contribution to the community and prevent membership solely to buy and sell. What happened and when did I miss this change in policy? Every day I see a new someone posting their "stuff" here because they are unwilling to pay armslist a few dollars.:rant:

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I joined OSA several years ago, one was required to have a minimum post count and I thought either mod. approval or a waiting period before I was allowed to post in the classifieds. This was to "prove" contribution to the community and prevent membership solely to buy and sell. What happened and when did I miss this change in policy? Every day I see a new someone posting their "stuff" here because they are unwilling to pay armslist a few dollars.:rant:
You have 300 posts in 7 years with 75% of those in the classifieds trying to sell stuff. Hello pot. Meet kettle.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That has been a controversial subject for about two years. There are a lot of us who have been around for a while who protested the change, but the site owner says what and who comes and goes.

Like the rest of us, the unspoken message received is “deal with it or go somewhere else”.

The list of newbies on my ignore list grows with each price gouging ad.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not have anyone on an ignore list.
Probably because I do not know where that is at :)
And I am not going to look very hard for it.

High priced adds yea there are a few. There are really new guys that have excellent prices and free stuff also.\
It is not all that bad.

I come here to look at the hunting fishing forum stuff. And that is what brought me here in the first place.
I do not know how long I was here before I used the classified section but I have used it quite a bit in the last few years.

Well quite a bit may be a stretch.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If you frequented the forums and were a "contributing member" of the community, and were here for other reasons than to buy and sell stuff because you don't want to pay armslist a few bucks, you would know that this has been discussed ad nauseum, but as has been so aptly pointed out above by @FullAuto................ well, nevermind.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I do not have anyone on an ignore list.
Probably because I do not know where that is at :)
And I am not going to look very hard for it.

High priced adds yea there are a few. There are really new guys that have excellent prices and free stuff also.\
It is not all that bad.

I come here to look at the hunting fishing forum stuff. And that is what brought me here in the first place.
I do not know how long I was here before I used the classified section but I have used it quite a bit in the last few years.

Well quite a bit may be a stretch.

Just click on the username and it's right there lol :)
Screenshot_20210528-093306_Samsung Internet.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom