So where is the market place right now on guns and ammo prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being high supply and 10 being high demand. What is the current status in the gun world. I have not been in the market for anything since the last 10 period. Am just wondering if prices will hold where they are, or will still trend downward some more given the current political climate with the Repubs controlling the House.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Common use ammo is getting cheap - 9ball, 556, 308, 45acp, etc.. Uncommon but popular ammo is stabilizing a 1.5x-2x what it was - revolver ammo like 45 Colt, 357, 44, etc.. Obscure or prime ammo is sitting a 2x-3x or more that what it was precovid - 300RUM, 300WM GMM etc..
Powder and Primers are going up per supply chain issues, but primers float around 2x what they were precovid and powder is about >50%ish than precovid. All other components fluctuate depending on the retailer - really. A lot of retailers are jacking customers on brass and projos because they can.

Go to GB for all the above and add 2x vs what's out there...and idjits pay it because they're too lazy to look around the net.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now that the mid terms are over and we have a slight Republican Majority, combined with the economic woes, prices should continue to recede.
Remember to buy when and as often as you can (especially ammo) as politicians are always looking to exploit the next shooting so they can further restrict our 2A rights.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
5000 for thermal.
$3 lb for ham 20 lb ham per hog is like 83 hogs.

That is just ham not counting the rest of the critter.
I have seen some ham for 5+ a lb.
If you have access to night hunting and a lot of hogs it will pay off.

Trying to justify of course.
For the record, I don’t own any night vision or a thermal. At my age, I appreciate sleep more than chasing pigs in the dark.

Latest posts

Top Bottom