So where is the market place right now on guns and ammo prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here’s something I find very surprising. My brother‘s business is selling night vision and thermals, and even with the economy the way it is, people are still lining up to buy $5000 thermal scopes. His business is BOOMING.
From what I have seen the thermal/night vision sales boom has two parts:

1: It’s the cool thing to do in the hunting social media scene now, and technology has gotten really good. It’s become a proven effective tool to use.

2: There’s a lot of people who wanna play dress up and larp, who may also distrust the government. There’s a fear that they cannot get said technologies later on, or that they may have an actual tactical need for them in the future.

I personally don’t see the point for me at the time being. I hated wearing NVGs in the Marines. It’s just one more thing to lose, that many more batteries to carry, and it sucks to carry around in general. I have a few more firearms and some suppressors to buy before I have a free $5k of play money laying around. I also like my sleep quite a bit.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ll add that if Oklahoma ever legalizes thermals and rifles for night hunting coyotes I’ll more than likely buy one, because I’m alot madder at coyotes than I am pigs. I could/would be willing to miss a little sleep to possibly increase fawn livability around my place.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll add that if Oklahoma ever legalizes thermals and rifles for night hunting coyotes I’ll more than likely buy one, because I’m alot madder at coyotes than I am pigs. I could/would be willing to miss a little sleep to possibly increase fawn livability around my place.

Hog (Feral Swine) Regulations | Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation

Landowner Provisions​

Except during deer gun seasons, a landowner, agricultural lessee, or their designated agent with written permission from the landowner or agricultural lessee may control nuisance or damage by coyotes or feral swine without a permit during the day or night, and without limitation by statewide season regulations or bag limits, and with the use of any legal means of take, to protect marketable agricultural crops, livestock or processed feed, seed, or other materials used in the production of an agricultural commodity. Landowners or agricultural lessees performing nuisance control activities shall be required to have a current agricultural exemption permit issued by the Oklahoma Tax Commission. A landowner, agricultural lessee, or designated agent of the landowner or lessee may use a headlight, thermal, or light enhancement device carried on the person, a vehicle with or without a mounted spotlight or night vision equipment while controlling nuisance coyotes and feral swine at night.

Shooting Hours​

One-half hour before official sunrise to one-half hour after official sunset.

Hunter Orange​

For hunter orange requirements, see Big Game Regulations.

Private Lands​

Hogs may be taken year-round on private land during daylight hours or at night with permission from the private property owner, lessee or occupant of the land.
The pursuit of feral hogs with a shotgun on private property is not restricted by shot size. There is no restriction on method of take of feral hogs on private property.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

Just “hunt hogs” at night and if a bushy tail pig with paws and A lot of fur walks by then “oops”

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Hog (Feral Swine) Regulations | Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation

Landowner Provisions​

Except during deer gun seasons, a landowner, agricultural lessee, or their designated agent with written permission from the landowner or agricultural lessee may control nuisance or damage by coyotes or feral swine without a permit during the day or night, and without limitation by statewide season regulations or bag limits, and with the use of any legal means of take, to protect marketable agricultural crops, livestock or processed feed, seed, or other materials used in the production of an agricultural commodity. Landowners or agricultural lessees performing nuisance control activities shall be required to have a current agricultural exemption permit issued by the Oklahoma Tax Commission. A landowner, agricultural lessee, or designated agent of the landowner or lessee may use a headlight, thermal, or light enhancement device carried on the person, a vehicle with or without a mounted spotlight or night vision equipment while controlling nuisance coyotes and feral swine at night.

Shooting Hours​

One-half hour before official sunrise to one-half hour after official sunset.

Hunter Orange​

For hunter orange requirements, see Big Game Regulations.

Private Lands​

Hogs may be taken year-round on private land during daylight hours or at night with permission from the private property owner, lessee or occupant of the land.
The pursuit of feral hogs with a shotgun on private property is not restricted by shot size. There is no restriction on method of take of feral hogs on private property.
If you go and check on the "legal means of take" you'll find the yotes require a shotgun with shot no larger than #6 birdshot after sunset. Kind of hard to justify a $5k thermal for that.

ETA: I personally find that utter horse ****, but it is what it is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom