So who is going to the NRA Annual Meeting in Houston?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been trying to go to more of the Annual Meetings ever since I went to my first meeting in Dallas. I really enjoy the trainers session and get a chance to catch up with NRA training staff that attend.

I don't care for the meeting being scheduled on Memorial Day weekend since it conflicts with my involvement with Boys State, but I'm making it work.

I know there are a ton of NRA haters out there, but it takes voting members to make changes. You can't change anything from the outside. I'm hoping the actual members meeting will be contentious and entertaining.

Now to find places to eat in Downtown Houston near the Convention Center

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Life NRA member since 1965, Whittington Center Range member almost as long.
I attended the Kansas City meetings several years ago with dad. Shook hands with LaPierre, walked away feeling like he Is Not a leader. Handshake like a dead fish.
When we lost our benefits like car rental, hotel, insurance programs, I was disgusted how NRA mgmt just folded and never made any visible effort to replace those benefits. The upper mgmt lived fat off of us and kissed political ass that hurt us all.
I still support Whittington, love going there, my entire family utilizes it when we can.
Dad is heavily involved in ILA and has been nominated to be considered for Board of Directors in the past.
Why cant we have leadership who have more in common with rank and file members families? NRA themselves said they wanted the NRA to be for families, safety and shooting sports enjoyment.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been trying to go to more of the Annual Meetings ever since I went to my first meeting in Dallas. I really enjoy the trainers session and get a chance to catch up with NRA training staff that attend.

I don't care for the meeting being scheduled on Memorial Day weekend since it conflicts with my involvement with Boys State, but I'm making it work.

I know there are a ton of NRA haters out there, but it takes voting members to make changes. You can't change anything from the outside. I'm hoping the actual members meeting will be contentious and entertaining.

Now to find places to eat in Downtown.

You will be cheating yourself big time if you don’t make it to Truth BBQ just out of downtown, you have to go early ( even if you miss a bit of the conference!) I am in Houston for the next couple of months and if you’de line some company I’d meet you there and partake again !! If you’re interested just let me know and we can make a plan !!

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NRA, Lifer, Patron member. I do support specifically NRA Washington DC lobby fund, and only that aspect of the NRA with $ . LaPierre and the corrupt hacks in leadership need to go. Until then , excellent groups like The 2nd Amendment Foundation, up in Washington St. get my $onations .

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Life NRA member since 1965, Whittington Center Range member almost as long.
I attended the Kansas City meetings several years ago with dad. Shook hands with LaPierre, walked away feeling like he Is Not a leader. Handshake like a dead fish.
When we lost our benefits like car rental, hotel, insurance programs, I was disgusted how NRA mgmt just folded and never made any visible effort to replace those benefits. The upper mgmt lived fat off of us and kissed political ass that hurt us all.
I still support Whittington, love going there, my entire family utilizes it when we can.
Dad is heavily involved in ILA and has been nominated to be considered for Board of Directors in the past.
Why cant we have leadership who have more in common with rank and file members families? NRA themselves said they wanted the NRA to be for families, safety and shooting sports enjoyment.
The NRA should be about preserving the 2A. All the other things should come second. But that isn’t the way it is. I am a life member as well, but I will never give another cent to them as long as things are the way they are. Of course, the NRA was founded by two guys that supported gun control. And the organization has supported every single major piece of anti gun legislation ever to have been introduced. Even helping to draft some of it. So I doubt very seriously things will ever change. Folks need to support the GOA. If everyone left the NRA and donated to them things would be much better.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Hand up. Bummer on Memorial weekend, traffic, full hotels. One of my annual road trips. Great to interface with like-minded, polite, friendly Patriots. Lived in Kingwood up 59NE while Chief Technology Engineer for AMT at MW Kellogg, many careers chapters ago. Felt like the song "Lubbock in my rearview mirror" when I left. Goin' back again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom