So yall think its hot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was working in the T-Mobile switch in Dallas in 2012. It was so freakin' hot we had to put sprinklers on the roof of the building and supplement the air handlers with portable ECUs inside to try to keep the equipment from burning up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember the heat some, what I remember most from those 2 or 3 years is that everything around dried up. Other than windmills, pumps or hauling water, everything was dry. Creeks, ponds and the Salt Fork trickle moved whichever way the wind blew. Even some of the smaller springs quit. We threw a 2x4" in each stock tank so the birds would have something to stand on to drink no matter the water level.
We put out watering stations for the deer and critters all over the farms during that period. The does could survive on the water content on browse, but they can't make enough milk for their fawns without drinking water. We found dozens of fawn skulls in the spring while shed hunting. The ODW had us stop our DMAP program about a week into hunting season because we were not seeing any deer.
Tough time to be a critter. I had game camera's on some of the watering stations. Got some pretty funny photo's. One was three racoons in the water tank with just their heads over the side holding on looking at the camera. Hot tubbing it! :D

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was on my deck in Edmond on Saturday 7-9-11.

Our AC died around 9:00 that evening. Thanks to YouTube and Grainger I was able to get it up and running by 1:00 Sunday.
367a86c6a39b723dae390148ccd4fdb3.jpg
da1e18015c785e5c0e846299452642f5.jpg
237e9fb7eca2b4d99f1c772e93fb8c90.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of using a torch on your condenser? Seems a delicate maneuver. But a dude I work with says it helps clean the fins and coils. Anyone ever do it?

I've done it a couple times on Tranes with the spine tube coils that were caked with dog hair. Turn the unit on an wave the propane torch quickly around the coil. It's really the only way to remove it effectively. I wouldn't use my oxy acetylene rig, its to hot and might melt the spines.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My digital, remote-sensor thermometer, which is always in the shade and seems to be pretty accurate, showed 108.4* yesterday afternoon.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done it a couple times on Tranes with the spine tube coils that were caked with dog hair. Turn the unit on an wave the propane torch quickly around the coil. It's really the only way to remove it effectively. I wouldn't use my oxy acetylene rig, its to hot and might melt the spines.
I put a fiberglass screen around my ac condenser, hose it down if it even has a little Cottonwood fuzz on it and have had no problem with the spines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom