So you’re out in the middle of nowhere and covered in seed ticks, now what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty much what the title says. Day two of my 4 days of wandering in the woods, and I find myself absolutely covered in seed ticks. Which is ironic, considering that yesterday/this morning I was down in love valley stomping through chest deep grass for several hours, found zero ticks.

I’ve had a few dozen on me before, no big deal. But I’m talking thousands. Suggestions on getting rid of them? I have running water thankfully, and have tried power washing them off me, and have tried spraying myself with deet, covering myself in soap, and letting it sit for a while. I’ve managed to get about 80% of them off, but there’s still a lot of them. I don’t have anywhere that I can submerge myself in water sadly. Any suggestions? Techniques or things I can use? Anything I can cover large parts of my body with to get them off?

I found them as I was out using the Tenkara Rod in some tiny isolated pools in a creek bed. Caught a whole mess of bluegill, talk about some fun.

Attachments

• C48ED0F7-533E-4C13-A17C-A1A10EC03399.jpeg
    C48ED0F7-533E-4C13-A17C-A1A10EC03399.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 81

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to man up, take a very hot shower, dry completely and use grey tape. The tape will pull them out pretty easy when the skin is soft and the ticks aren't as dug in. Try it, but be sure you don't leave any heads. Good luck.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to man up, take a very hot shower, dry completely and use grey tape. The tape will pull them out pretty easy when the skin is soft and the ticks aren't as dug in. Try it, but be sure you don't leave any heads. Good luck.
I have running water, but no shower. I’m using a gargantuan home on a spigot in a field. I do have some serious duct tape though….

Rustytigwire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too late but Bob Kay told me to wipe down head to toe with rubbing alcohol before going out. Works for me, no ticks or chiggers.

Duct tape sounds like a good idea!

Dog got ears full some years back. We slathered with triple antibiotic vaseline based stuff. Ticks died, were easy to scrape off.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have running water, but no shower. I’m using a gargantuan home on a spigot in a field. I do have some serious duct tape though….
Just try your best not to scratch them (easier said than done). You'll scratch off the body and leave the head. If you're wife has fingernail polish, just dot them. You'll look like a fool but it will smother the tick quickly and you can use soap and washcloth to get them off with the nail polish. Best way to get rid of chiggers as well

Latest posts

Top Bottom