Social Security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 Is 5.9%

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bixby Sooner53

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I'd revive this thread because I just read that the SS COLA adjustment for 2023 was going to be 8.9%. Same for VA disability rates.

That's great. That makes the cost of living increase we've dealt with so far only half as expensive as it really is... :blush:
Well, that's all and good until they increase the deductible for Medicare 10-12% like 2021. The Government giveth (less than), the government taketh away.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, that's all and good until they increase the deductible for Medicare 10-12% like 2021. The Government giveth (less than), the government taketh away.

Uh, yeah... That's what I said. Cost of living increase = 8.9%. Inflation = 20% or more. Thus the "rolling eyes" smiley...also know as sarcasm.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ran the numbers and found,,,
That will just about cover the increases (starting Jan 01, 2022) in my Medi-Gap policy payments.

I'm not complaining, mind you,,,
Any increase in my benefits is a good thing,,,
I'm just stating that the COLA raise barely covered my COL increase.

Aarond

My COLA did not even come close to help. Medicare went up, Deductibles all went up along with Gas, Food, Medical, and GAP,/ all utilities including Home Taxes and insurance, Don't even take into account the mechanics to work on your car or even the handy man who used to be fair priced to work on you house repairs. Everyone seems to think they are worth between $85 to $125 per hour.
I WENT BACKWARDS, Think I go see if I can get food stamps like our military as to do to get bay. While I'm at it at 72. I may ask for unemployment since the illegals are getting it out of our SSI!

Latest posts

Top Bottom