Solar Panels for the home - school me - why isn't everyone doing it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A co-worker around 20 or so years ago built a home that unbeknownst to him was on a traditional rattlesnake den area. They got over ran with them, so decided to abandon the home and build across the road on some other property they had.
The county wouldn't allow a meter on that side, so they contacted Oklahoma State University about how to use pond water for drinking water.
They designed a filtration system that was 7 layers of sand in different grits, then to an RO and UVC sanitation system. Back flush system to clean the filter.
It worked for the time I worked there and knew him. It was Pawnee country with a red mud pond.
There are commercial systems out there now that allows use of a pond for drinking water.

https://www.clearwatersystems.com/commercial/home-pond-water-treatment/

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats their warranty and cost?
I see they sell Vinal and aluminum windows and neither is superior to the wood composite that I got.
I was quoted around 40k by renewal and 15k for the same style and what not for NT windows…they a have a lifetime limited warranty, that’s transferable within 10 yrs, they also offer lifetime glass replacement….well everything is superior to aluminum and the recycled old contractor grade vinyl the renewal salesmen uses to compare windows isn’t even near the same quality as the NTs, but I get it, they have to make their product look way more superior. Wood composite is good and all but sure are ridiculously expensive when they should cost less than vinyl, considering they’re made from recycled wood saw dust…they’re also pretty brittle…NT and Andersen both use the same glass as well. Again, Andersen makes a good window but they charge people an arm and a leg to cover their advertising and gimmicking salesmen.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was quoted around 40k by renewal and 15k for the same style and what not for NT windows…they a have a lifetime limited warranty, that’s transferable within 10 yrs, they also offer lifetime glass replacement….well everything is superior to aluminum and the recycled old contractor grade vinyl the renewal salesmen uses to compare windows isn’t even near the same quality as the NTs, but I get it, they have to make their product look way more superior. Wood composite is good and all but sure are ridiculously expensive when they should cost less than vinyl, considering they’re made from recycled wood saw dust…they’re also pretty brittle…NT and Andersen both use the same glass as well. Again, Andersen makes a good window but they charge people an arm and a leg to cover their advertising and gimmicking salesmen.
Well I wish I knew of them last year, I would have given their salesman a shot.
I've used Thermal of OK on my past house and those were great but they are at the same price point as Anderson or close and they only make vinal now. I paid $27k for all my windows and a back sliding door.
The installation was flawless and professional and over all I'm happy with my choice.

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I wish I knew of them last year, I would have given their salesman a shot.
I've used Thermal of OK on my past house and those were great but they are at the same price point as Anderson or close and they only make vinal now. I paid $27k for all my windows and a back sliding door.
The installation was flawless and professional and over all I'm happy with my choice.
As long as you’re happy with them, that’s all that matters…Sooner State is who I used and they did a great job as well, they would’ve sold you Andersen windows as well for probably cheaper than Renewal but that’s an Andersen’s exclusive brand.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as you’re happy with them, that’s all that matters…Sooner State is who I used and they did a great job as well, they would’ve sold you Andersen windows as well for probably cheaper than Renewal but that’s an Andersen’s exclusive brand.
Meh, its just a few bucks difference to me. Not like I was exactly price shopping but somewhat. If they last well and perform as they are right now, for years to come, I'll have no regrets. But I'll keep NT in mind if I know anyone considering windows.
Thanks

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update. My realtor just called me in response to my w=questioning about value added to home and the reality of home buyers assuming the notes. Hardly any buyers like solar and no one has ever assumed the monthly payment for the outstanding note.

That seals it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update. My realtor just called me in response to my w=questioning about value added to home and the reality of home buyers assuming the notes. Hardly any buyers like solar and no one has ever assumed the monthly payment for the outstanding note.

That seals it.
Even if you offer a used-up baby car seat?

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

That seals it.
Your realtor called at 2:30 AM?

Latest posts

Top Bottom