Solar submersible well pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have about 12 years running a community well for 12 homes in CA. Was a 300 foot well, but not solar. Well pump fed water to a 20,000 gallon storage tank, then a surface pump moved the water from storage to a 5,000 gallon pressure tank.

Pain in the butt, always having to fix something or adjust something else.

Glad to be done with it.

mythreal

Marksman
Reaction score
Our well is 165 ft deep, pump is sitting around 145ft. The pump is from Simple Pump. it was originally manual then we added a 24volt motor that is hooked up to batteries charged by a solar array. We pump into a 500 gallon storage tank and use a 24v booster pump to transfer to the pressure tank. The whole well house is solar only.

okdkranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great setup. Looked at the Simple Pump site and the prices are substantially higher than a solar submersible pump but I like the manual operation option. I would love to see your system but rarely get down that way. Can you post photos here or in a PM? And your storage tank, is it poly, steel or stainless? Do you have details of the booster pump (head, power consumption, etc).

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm low tech, I still have the elongated well bucket that I used as a kid and I recently replaced the rubber flap that keep the water in until the lever is pulled. I still remember the rope sliding through my hands and the ice flaking off in the winter. Fill the water pail up in the house and it'd be frozen by morning.
Those were the days!

Latest posts

Top Bottom