Some days you just want to bi$ch slap your doctors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
and nurses.

Last week my main doc wanted me change my fast acting insulin. I agreed and told them which ones my insurance covered, and that I was almost out of my old one. "No problem, we will get it called in" Couple days later I found out they called in one that is not covered. I call the doc to get it corrected, she is busy but we will give her the message.

Two days later I am out of fast acting and call again. She is out of the office until Tuesday (today) I call this morning. "We will get that straightened out." Again I get notice they called in the wrong insulin. Call them back. This time I think they got it right but when I go in for labs Friday I better not hear my levels were to high.

I also got calls from 2 others today setting up appointments. Not a good day.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ugh. I feel your pain.

A month and a half ago I got a call from my Doctors nurse stating that the heart monitor I wore showed some really concerning issues and that I could not drive until seeing my cardiologist. Three weeks later, my cardiologist states that the test showed no such issues and I was good to drive all along. No apology for the inconvenience or for scaring the crap out of my wife and I. The state of helathcare now days is concerning....

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
and nurses.

Last week my main doc wanted me change my fast acting insulin. I agreed and told them which ones my insurance covered, and that I was almost out of my old one. "No problem, we will get it called in" Couple days later I found out they called in one that is not covered. I call the doc to get it corrected, she is busy but we will give her the message.

Two days later I am out of fast acting and call again. She is out of the office until Tuesday (today) I call this morning. "We will get that straightened out." Again I get notice they called in the wrong insulin. Call them back. This time I think they got it right but when I go in for labs Friday I better not hear my levels were to high.

I also got calls from 2 others today setting up appointments. Not a good day.
My brother-in-law has an insulin pump and he just had somewhat of the same thing happen to him. My sister had to do all the calling as my brother-in-law tends to lose his temper with long calls or having to wait on hold for too long. They finally got it corrected after 3 days and many calls....I felt his pain and I feel yours too RickN....hang in there

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea the state of healthcare is concerning and things like this are all too common, but we are supposed to trust them no matter what they say.

I have anger issues too and have walked out of more than ones office. Sometimes just because I had to wait to long. The docs I have now pretty much know that after a 30 minute wait they call and reschedule because I am no longer in the waiting room.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A while back, we changed doctors from a clinic in the Edmond area to one in the Yukon area. Went in for our initial consultation and the wife and I met her together. From what we were able to determine, both her and the nurse were listening to our concerns and answering our questions.

I've been back to see the doctor one more time and am still pleased with our change.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A while back, we changed doctors from a clinic in the Edmond area to one in the Yukon area. Went in for our initial consultation and the wife and I met her together. From what we were able to determine, both her and the nurse were listening to our concerns and answering our questions.

I've been back to see the doctor one more time and am still pleased with our change.

Would that Edmond clinic be Canyon Park?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My heart doctor and his nurse are fantastic. They fought for me on a script that Humana was balking on. Got er did!

TIP : When your insurance company calls you or initiates a sales pitch you do not have to talk to them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom