Some days you just want to bi$ch slap your doctors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
There should be some kind of central database where they input every single thing given and done, and allow access (with permission) to other healthcare professionals so they can be on top of what's going on.

Only way to do this is to put the .gov in charge of it... do you want that? Not saying they don't have all this info anyways, but it's kinda along the lines of gun registration.

:blush:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only way to do this is to put the .gov in charge of it... do you want that? Not saying they don't have all this info anyways, but it's kinda along the lines of gun registration.

:blush:

Agreed! Better to just teach people to keep an updated list on them.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread has me anxious about getting older...

Last 15 years prior to retirement was in the most boring job I ever had...

...now, in retirement, the wife and I have much more fun, even if we are working our Summer work gig.

That said, we don't have much in the way of prescriptions. Wife only has three and I only have two. However, we do take some supplements in the form of Vitamin C (twice daily), Vitamin D3, Calcium, and maybe one or two more. I also take a vitamin for eye health and Saw Palmetto.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Stitt just signed a bill limiting insulin to a 30 max co-pay. Not sure if that will help. Being off a few days shouldn’t mess up your A1C by much.

My cardiologist has me on a heart med that lowers my already normal BP, to keep me in rhythm. Went to a new Endo a few months ago and he put me on another BP med he says helps prevent heart issues in diabetics.

Told him I was already on a med for the rhythm issues. He promised me it was fine.

next day my wife could barely wake me up. Put my pulse ox meter on, and my O2 was down to 89 and my pulse was 46, so she put the BP cuff on and my BP was 65/43.

Called and canceled my follow up and told them he could go F himself.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea the state of healthcare is concerning and things like this are all too common, but we are supposed to trust them no matter what they say.

I have anger issues too and have walked out of more than ones office. Sometimes just because I had to wait to long. The docs I have now pretty much know that after a 30 minute wait they call and reschedule because I am no longer in the waiting room.
Your time is just as valuable as the Doctor, if they have a delay in seeing you, perhaps the patient before you had some unforeseen problem encountered that took more time, Regardless, someone in the Doctor's office should have come out and told you there will be a delay on your being seen in a timely manner. That's only common courtesy, I've done that without being told, I'd go into the waiting room and say, "you folks deserve to know what the delay is..blah, blah, blah and they understood. But to keep someone waiting 30 minutes, an hour after their appointment time is bad for all concerned.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your time is just as valuable as the Doctor, if they have a delay in seeing you, perhaps the patient before you had some unforeseen problem encountered that took more time, Regardless, someone in the Doctor's office should have come out and told you there will be a delay on your being seen in a timely manner. That's only common courtesy, I've done that without being told, I'd go into the waiting room and say, "you folks deserve to know what the delay is..blah, blah, blah and they understood. But to keep someone waiting 30 minutes, an hour after their appointment time is bad for all concerned.

You should see how fast the doc will see you, if they see you walking out. It is down right amazing.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Tell the receptionist that you have nausea& might puke any minute. They will get you in right away.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should see how fast the doc will see you, if they see you walking out. It is down right amazing.

if you wear O2, tell the receptionist that you only have enough to last 40 min be4 you have to leave cause you don’t want to run out when driving home. That will get you in sooner too

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you wear O2, tell the receptionist that you only have enough to last 40 min be4 you have to leave cause you don’t want to run out when driving home. That will get you in sooner too
I had a guy once that said he had an emergency at home and asked me to get him in earlier ahead of other patients-so I did. As he was walking out I asked him wha twas the emergency and he said, "I have to feed my dogs." Now I like dogs as well if not better than anyone but this sort of miffed me a bit and I've never forgotten it and it was over twenty years ago. Not only did it possible affect other patients but was an extremely bad idea for him to pull that on me. From that point on I was wary of patients that came and presented themselves with an excuse to be seen before other patients. I don't like people to deceive me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom