Some days you just want to bi$ch slap your doctors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
There should be some kind of central database where they input every single thing given and done, and allow access (with permission) to other healthcare professionals so they can be on top of what's going on.

Hillcrest has MyChart. If I go to any provider or hospital in the network, they can see every test result, meds or treatment I have had done. They just recently sent a message saying if I clicked and approved, any healthcare provider I go to, even out of the MyChart network would be able to access my info for treatment.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hillcrest has MyChart. If I go to any provider or hospital in the network, they can see every test result, meds or treatment I have had done. They just recently sent a message saying if I clicked and approved, any healthcare provider I go to, even out of the MyChart network would be able to access my info for treatment.

They're full of chit.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry you've had a rough time of it, Rick. I know you've been though some $*** already. I gotta say, insulin stuff is a PITA. If you knew going into you appt which insulin your insurance would cover that gives you points over 99.99% of patients. Over 90% of them can't even list their own medications. And if they carry a WRITTEN list, it's invariably wrong.
When a new provider asks for my med list, I hand them my phone with pictures of each bottle or tube and the dosage of each I put into a separate photo file. They always comment that others should do the same to eliminate what you said.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only way to do this is to put the .gov in charge of it... do you want that? Not saying they don't have all this info anyways, but it's kinda along the lines of gun registration.

:blush:
I'm under 100% .gov medical care for the most part with the VA. I can access all of my medical records online and assumed other VA facilities had access but they actually don't. Each facility requires written permission from me to access my records. OKC is my home VA facility. I got some chest pains when in South Tx last winter (not heart) and went to the VA ER in Harlington. I had to visit with a patient advocate and sign papers before treatment could start. I was actually surprised it was kept that private.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
B34F2309-75F7-471A-A081-F96DE11630CA.jpeg
They're full of chit.
Is this not a thing? I know all my stuff can be accessed when I go to Hillcrest or Utica Park urgent care. Just seen this within the last few months.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 204394
Is this not a thing? I know all my stuff can be accessed when I go to Hillcrest or Utica Park urgent care. Just seen this within the last few months.

It is incredibly complicated to try to gain and maintain access to any other system's health records. Believe me, we do it all the time, and it is a major PITA. They always always always try to tout how easy/fast/comprehensive/etc., it is, but they're full of it. We have to work to maintain access for SOME of our people to get into St. John/Ascension, hell even the Oklahoma vaccination records. Do you have any idea how many systems we work with that want or offer us to be able to log in and do things within their system? I have to remember enough logins and passwords as it is...

Yes, people in the Hillcrest system can do it. Hell, I get 'psuedo' access to St. Francis, and was 'supposed' to get Hillcrest, too - but even when you CAN get in, it's ridiculously difficult to interpret what you're seeing because the systems don't handshake well and the data is not streamlined like you're just picking up a piece of paper and reading it. It's next to worthless if you ask me.

And computer people don't give a s*** what clinical people want, what they do or what they need.

Latest posts

Top Bottom