Some days!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just another one of those days. Wife forgets her cell ( I never carry mine unless I am driving) We get our Aldi shopping done and hit Walmart for the odds and ends we need. Get that done, load the stuff in the car, wife jumps in starts it and jumps out closing the door. Keys, purse, everything is now locked in the car. Again I am not carrying my keys either since I am not driving.

I go to get my emergency key hided back in my wallet. Wife "Oh I forgot to give that back last time we had the car worked on". So standing in Walmart parking lot at the car as it is running while the wife goes inside and uses a phone to call the daughter. 2 hours later they have decided to call an Uber, except we have no house keys. Can not reach AAA. I finally send the wife in to buy a hammer and knock out a side window.

We make it home and the first thing I did was get my emergency key back. Some days I hate my life.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just another one of those days. Wife forgets her cell ( I never carry mine unless I am driving) We get our Aldi shopping done and hit Walmart for the odds and ends we need. Get that done, load the stuff in the car, wife jumps in starts it and jumps out closing the door. Keys, purse, everything is now locked in the car. Again I am not carrying my keys either since I am not driving.

I go to get my emergency key hided back in my wallet. Wife "Oh I forgot to give that back last time we had the car worked on". So standing in Walmart parking lot at the car as it is running while the wife goes inside and uses a phone to call the daughter. 2 hours later they have decided to call an Uber, except we have no house keys. Can not reach AAA. I finally send the wife in to buy a hammer and knock out a side window.

We make it home and the first thing I did was get my emergency key back. Some days I hate my life.
Sorry Rick, But man I can relate have had those days myself. Have had days that after the first hour of work you would be better off to just go home and start over tommorrow. Those days do not seem to ever get better only worse as the day progresses. Oh Well tommorrow is a new day and hopefully a better one.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry Rick, But man I can relate have had those days myself. Have had days that after the first hour of work you would be better off to just go home and start over tommorrow. Those days do not seem to ever get better only worse as the day progresses. Oh Well tommorrow is a new day and hopefully a better one.

Yea, I get to price having the window replaced. So much fun! :cry3:

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heh, about a decade ago, I was making an early morning delivery at a warehouse in Colorado. I got out of the truck and took my paperwork inside. I came back out and realized I had forgotten my keys and left them in the truck.

After cursing myself for 10 minutes, I started checking with the other drivers to see if anyone had a coat hanger to Jimmy the lock. Took about an hour. Nobody had a coat hanger but one driver had a full "repo" set, including a bladder air bag and slim Jim. The guy said he used to drive tow truck and always had to help folks out with locked in keys.

We went to work on the door and it took a out 15 minutes to finally get the door unlocked. I climbed inside, thanked the guy for his help...

Then I sat for 10 minutes staring at the opened rolled down passenger window.

Talk about feelin like a fool...

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heh, about a decade ago, I was making an early morning delivery at a warehouse in Colorado. I got out of the truck and took my paperwork inside. I came back out and realized I had forgotten my keys and left them in the truck.

After cursing myself for 10 minutes, I started checking with the other drivers to see if anyone had a coat hanger to Jimmy the lock. Took about an hour. Nobody had a coat hanger but one driver had a full "repo" set, including a bladder air bag and slim Jim. The guy said he used to drive tow truck and always had to help folks out with locked in keys.

We went to work on the door and it took a out 15 minutes to finally get the door unlocked. I climbed inside, thanked the guy for his help...

Now that is funny I don't care who you are.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

First thing I did was check every door just in case. One of my former loved ones, she who shall not be named, once spent 3 hours waiting on the locksmith who looked in, then went around and opened the passenger door.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, I get to price having the window replaced. So much fun! :cry3:
My Uncle ran a glass shop in Ponca City for around 40 years.
He ran into your situation a lot with people breaking the side window to get access.
He said the windshield was a cheaper overall fix than the side window.
Be interesting to hear what your costs will be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom