Some days!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 57 does not have a door key so it is never locked.
All the locks do not work anyway.

Hate to hear about your WIFE stealing your SPARE KEY and not returning it.

Wife is doing the window replacement I assume.

YES and HE!! YES.

Side windows are attached to a track which unbolts.
They are not all that hard to replace. Time consuming yes.
You can do it .

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Can't remember the year right off, but we were in a National Forest campground NW of Trinidad, CO. (45 miles from town and no cell service.)

Got up in the morning to break camp, and to keep the two pups warm, we put them in the pickup and left the engine and heater running. I didn't think that the wife had left her purse in the F150 as well. Dog got up and leaned on the armrest of the door and locked the pickup. When we realized what had happened, we kept coaxing him to step back up on the armrest and hit the lock button again. He always kept missing the switch. I don't remember how long we tried, and he was getting warm and acting like he wanted to lie down and take a nap. (I do that as well when I get good and warm.)

Anyway, I went kind of forward of the pickup to find something to break a window. He saw me go out that way and got his paws back on the armrest, and this time he hit the switch to unlock the doors. I had never seen my family move so fast to get a door open.

59 years of owning automobiles and that was the only "lock-out" that I experienced.

My ex wife had a 325i. The door lock was in the center console. The 8 lb lap dog locked those doors constantly. Hazard lights were down there as well. She had the hazard lights going most of the time.

If the dog was in the car and you needed to jump out to go do something, you better leave a window open. Cause if you didn't, you were gonna be locked out. No keyless entry on that model year. We had to coax her across that center console more than once.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What ever happened to car window shops? Tried calling the one that was in Edmond on Broadway. Was there for years. No answer. Called others, never called back. Have a company coming out Monday. $311.35. My spare key does not leave my wallet for any reason now except when I unlock the car.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wrangler locked me out with motor running. Disconnected battery jeep was still running. Called wrecker service took over hour to get in. $100.00 for call.

Latest posts

Top Bottom