Some Doctors are cancelling appointments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had one patient scheduled this morning - Monday is usually by far the busiest day. And that lady called and canceled.

I did 2 'add-on' telemedicine visits and then went home at 11AM. I've been sitting playing Xbox all day, waiting on some ribs to cook.

They tell me we will survive this....
What kind of practice do you have? Where? What's your specialty?

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, we have enough doctors, dentists, pharmacists, and other medical folks here on OSA that we could do our own “telemedicine” sessions

just post the pics, and the rest of us will tell you what’s wrong with you!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell, Doctor Google will fix you right up, you don't need anyone licensed or trained anyways.

Well, until it comes to someone sending in that prescription you need - just call up and leave a message, tell 'em Doctor Google already figured it all out, you just need them to send in the medication, but you can't be bothered to be seen, evaluated or billed for the service. Can't tell you how many times that scenario has played out... lol.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what little I know about Telemed or other such video sources, the provider is sticking this or her neck out a bit because there (in my opinion) are too many things that could neglected via video. Example, patient complains of a cold but there are other things wrong-perhaps thyroid enlargement or odd color of skin-a myriad of things that the average person does;t now much about but maybe the provider is trained in ferreting out things. I dunno, I just sit back and give advise and opinion.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My work ins company signed us up on Telemed this year i havent signed up on it and dont figure i will since i only go to the dr about every 4 years and i have to be so bad off the wife wheels me in cause im to weak to fight her.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what little I know about Telemed or other such video sources, the provider is sticking this or her neck out a bit because there (in my opinion) are too many things that could neglected via video. Example, patient complains of a cold but there are other things wrong-perhaps thyroid enlargement or odd color of skin-a myriad of things that the average person does;t now much about but maybe the provider is trained in ferreting out things. I dunno, I just sit back and give advise and opinion.

There are inherent risks and inability to see/catch certain things from in a telemed visit. This is understood and it is probably pretty highly unlikely anything bad is going to come of it for a clinician. In fact, as long as the clinician is acting in good faith and doing their best, their is next to nothing that can or will be done from this scenario. Try arguing in court your doctor should have been more attentive and thorough when trying to use telemedicine during a viral pandemic that caused a global shutdown and all recommendations everywhere are to limit going outside or anywhere not absolutely necessary.

Not likely to go far. In fact, I'd bet most lawyers will tell you any case based exclusively on this isn't worth even taking on.

<edit> There's a reason why telemed has been strictly limited in its allowable instances up to this point - because it generally sucks for the patient, even though most will likely see it as more convenient.

Latest posts

Top Bottom