Some Fun Oklahoma History

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you add all the miles of internal shoreline in Oklahoma, it amounts to more miles than the external shores of any of the coastal states. BUT when you take both the internal and external miles of coastline in other states into account, Alaska is first followed by Michigan etc etc etc. This is just a way we found to lie with statistics to make us feel better about ourselves.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you add all the miles of internal shoreline in Oklahoma, it amounts to more miles than the external shores of any of the coastal states. BUT when you take the internal and external miles of other states into account, Alaska is first followed by Michigan etc etc etc. This is just a way we found to lie with statistics to make us feel better about ourselves.
It's a fact as I stated. As the crow flies from Maine to Florida, not following the eastern shoreline. Google knows!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is also what the milk jug, kayaks, and my mountain lake boat is made of. That's a cool tidbit I'd never heard.
They discovered that when the sheet of semi-liquid plastic is shot through a nozzle, then they blow nitrogen into the center of it to create a continuous bag that is then put on a roll to be cut to size and sold.
Buddy worked on the process and gave me thousands of feet of product that was created during the research. I haven't bought a trash bag in over thirty years.
I roll off 4' or so, tie the bottom end, line the trash can and when full dispose of. These rolls are about 3' wide.

Latest posts

Top Bottom