Some good and bad news on ammo...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's see....spend millions of dollars on equipment so you can claim new capital equipment depreciation against revenue that is taxed at a maximum of 21% ? Seems like kind of a bad idea to me if you don't need the equipment a year down the road.

This will take longer than a year to clear up. The last .22 frenzy took longer than that and that was just .22. Also considering more people are buying guns, the baseline demand is increasing.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This will take longer than a year to clear up. The last .22 frenzy took longer than that and that was just .22. Also considering more people are buying guns, the baseline demand is increasing.
Don't know how long it will take. I bet lots of people are buying guns that may never shoot them the first time. I saw something on one of the gun sights that says that most guns sold from individuals had less that 7 rounds fired in them. I know I'm going to keep a good lookout and see if I can pick up a few good deals down the road.

But you still don't buy capital because deducting the depreciation is the reason. So, hopefully they made some good decisions based on the longer term markets.

Last edited:

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who's operating it?
My son and some other investors.
The man that ran Sig Sauer and Gamo are a couple of them.
250 million dollar facility. Will employ 700 people.
Son told me when it's up and running I won't have to worry about boolets anymore:thumb:

Last edited:

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son and some other investors.
The man that ran Sig Sauer and Gamo are a couple of them.
250 million dollar facility. Will employ 700 people.
Son told me when it's up and running I won't have to worry about boolets anymore:thumb:
When does he expect it to be in production ? What ammo will they be manufacturing ?

Last edited:

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When does he expect it to be in production ? What ammo will they be manufacturing ?
Im not sure on the date of opening.
They will be producing 9mm,5.56, 50 cal at start up.
They have some military contract stuff in the works already for when they are up and running.
Have already purchased 500 acres over by the airport, met with the Governor of Ark.. And mayor of Conway, utility company's and others at the location where they purchased the land. The city of Conway owned the land.
The equipment that they are purchasing for production is the most advanced available and they will be the first in the country to have it.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im not sure on the date of opening.
They will be producing 9mm,5.56, 50 cal at start up.
They have some military contract stuff in the works already for when they are up and running.
Have already purchased 500 acres over by the airport, met with the Governor of Ark.. And mayor of Conway, utility company's and others at the location where they purchased the land. The city of Conway owned the land.
The equipment that they are purchasing for production is the most advanced available and they will be the first in the country to have it.
Sounds good and good luck to him !

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found this for Little Rock AR:
Great news!!!

AP Press on 7/29/20

LITTLE ROCK, ARK. (AP) — An Italian-based company announced Thursday it's opening a $15 million ammunition factory in Little Rock.

Fiocchi of America, the United States subsidiary of the Italian-based Fiocchi Group, announced that it will hire 57 additional workers for its new manufacturing plant in southwest Little Rock. The company already employs 28 people at the plant, which manufactures some ammunition components.

The new plant will primarily manufacture centerfire ammunition, Fiocchi President Anthony Acitelli said.

“These are good-paying jobs that will make a difference in our community, and most importantly, I hope that this is a partnership that will lead to future growth down the road," Gov. Asa Hutchinson said at a news conference announcing the plant.

The Arkansas Economic Development Commission said the company will receive five years of cash rebates worth $579,186, based on the annual payroll for new employees. It will also receive $82,407 worth of tax refunds for the project.

Last edited:

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AP Press on 7/29/20

LITTLE ROCK, ARK. (AP) — An Italian-based company announced Thursday it's opening a $15 million ammunition factory in Little Rock.

Fiocchi of America, the United States subsidiary of the Italian-based Fiocchi Group, announced that it will hire 57 additional workers for its new manufacturing plant in southwest Little Rock. The company already employs 28 people at the plant, which manufactures some ammunition components.

The new plant will primarily manufacture centerfire ammunition, Fiocchi President Anthony Acitelli said.

“These are good-paying jobs that will make a difference in our community, and most importantly, I hope that this is a partnership that will lead to future growth down the road," Gov. Asa Hutchinson said at a news conference announcing the plant.

The Arkansas Economic Development Commission said the company will receive five years of cash rebates worth $579,186, based on the annual payroll for new employees. It will also receive $82,407 worth of tax refunds for the project.
Yep they are only adding to the facility they already have there.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AP Press on 7/29/20

Anyone wonder why Oklahoma cant swing these deals? It’s sad!

Latest posts

Top Bottom