Some good and bad news on ammo...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's see....spend millions of dollars on equipment so you can claim new capital equipment depreciation against revenue that is taxed at a maximum of 21% ? Seems like kind of a bad idea to me if you don't need the equipment a year down the road.
So don't buy stock in the company if you don't like their business decisions.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to work for a company that used lots of explosive charges to launch airborne and shipborne chaff and flare countermeasures and our systems manufacturing plants were in Texas, but the plant that did explosives was in Arkansas. I know other similar plants were in Arkansas and Tennessee and most, if not all of them have had some pretty serious explosions and accidents.

Just makes me wonder if there are some laws that Arkansas has that is less restrictive on these types of industries and also ammunition manufacturers. Maybe that's why Oklahoma does not attract these businesses if they have different laws and restrictions.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So don't buy stock in the company if you don't like their business decisions.

i don't know what their business decisions are, and neither do you.

I was merely commenting on the comment made that they made capital expenditures to offset taxes from increased revenue with depreciation on the new equipment.

"You also have to consider with the increased revenue, they likely need capital expenditures to offset the taxes. They can then depreciate the cost of the new equipment."

I was merely pointing out that is not a good business decision and I kind of doubt that is why they bought the new capital.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also heard of some people, I dont know who, but they were looking for land in S.E. oklahoma for an ammunition plant.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't that going to be in Lonoak AR where Remington already has a huge plant?

Not according to AP News and US News announced on 7/29/20. This new plant will be in Little Rock. See post# 18.

Remington Plant is in Lonoke AR. Opened in 1970. They were making .22 (24/7) during the shortage a few years ago. They make all kinds of ammo there. You can see it from the highway. Remington, as part of bankruptcy, sold its ammo division.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom