Some Holster Goodness (Mostly Glock)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have long held that I preferred the Milt Sparks Summer Special II over the Versa Max II for a 1911. I need to be a bit more specific I think. That still holds true , as long as we are talking about a steel 1911 pistol that is. After buying a Versa Max II for a Commander from a member here recently, I have changed my mind somewhat and will say that I now prefer the VM II, as long as the gun is a Lightweight or Lightweight Commander 1911. So: Steel gun in a SS II, but an Alloy or Alum one goes in a VM II. Whew! It has taken me years to come to that! Anyhoo, after that figuring that puzzle out, I decided to expand my holster collection a bit and ordered a new VM II for my Glock 19 from www.topgunsupply.com. They frequently have them in stock, and I lucked out. Received it in just a few days and ... I love it! The Glock 19 rides exceptionally well in the VM II and I am very happy with it. The ride height is good, and the comfort is there too. Quality? Well, it IS a Milt Sparks product so ...duh. Here's a pic of the VM II for my Glock 19.
vm 2 G19.JPG

I do have a few other holsters for the Glock 19; guess I should post those pics too cause we all like pics. For OWB, I went with a basic pancake rig from UBG Holsters cause Nate Gable, the Ugly Bald Guy behind UBG; actually started here on OSA as Jarhead79 several years ago. Nate is a real nice fella, and he gives a discount still if you mention OSA when you order from him. Here it is: Purty huh? Nice leather from UBG and he's not too expensive either, if you're kind of a cheapskate. It's more than an Uncle Mikey and less than a Sparks, around $75 bucks or so which think is a bargain.
ubg.JPG

I also have a Crossbreed Supertuck:
cb.JPG

And for real easy on-off capabilities and the convenience factor; the RM Lowrider cannot be beat. In my opinion, the it's best of the single-clip IWB kydex holsters out there. Note that it has a divot or slit in the bottom of the integral-molded-and-folded clip so you can straddle a belt loop if you want/need to. I have one of these for every carry gun I own for the purpose of storage too. Trigger coverage; and gun finish protection so I don't go banging a gun around on the edges of the safe or something.
rm.JPG

I have one more holster (I think this is it) for the G19 and that is the Glock Sport/Combat Holster which runs about $14 bucks and I have it...well, just cuz I do. It's like the most no-frills thing ever but it does work and it work very well. I have given a bunch of these away but I am keeping this one for times like when I'm out in a boat like I was a year or so ago and I fell out of the dang boat into the scummiest pond in Oklahoma with a nice TT Gunleather Mike's Special strapped on. I just broke the Glock down real quick and knocked most of the crud out of it but the holster was never right after that soaking in pond scum so I hosed it off and it became an expensive dog chew toy. If you have a Glock; you should maybe get one of these for foul weather (or worse) conditions.
sc.JPG

As Porker Pig says at the end of the Cartoon: Th..Th..Th..That's all folks!

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For my Glock 43, I really use the RM Lowrider more than anything else. This rig works just fine with the light, small 43.
IMG_3736.JPG

I did buy a Crossbreed for it, but honestly, I hardly use it to carry this particular gun. This one has the Combat Cut, whereas the one for my G19 has the regular cut. Not sure which one I like best.
1.JPG

For OWB, which really works well with the G43, I got a Tueller pancake Holster from www.tuellerholsters.com. The guy who runs this little one-man shop is in Boise, ID. He used to make holsters for Milt Sparks, but left to start his own business. Boise has a plethora of firearms related businesses. It is a nice little OWB holster too. What's that? Where's the pic? Right here!
612f581ed44d7e08b0e27c908e1b1151.jpg

And just every now and then, I use a Sticky Holster for the G43 , (and I also have one for the wife's Kimber Micro .380) It works fine IWB or in a pocket in a pinch. Here be it:
293144de99dff0af725d7131add96502.jpg

nothing more to see here for now, it will be about 4 or 5 more weeks before I get my new KX Lightweight IWB from TT Gunleather. It kind of reminds me of the old Watch Six Holster, which was made by both the late Lou Alessi and Milt Sparks. Tim Thurner is the TT in TT Gunleather and in talking to him, he is going to make me one rock-and-roll of a rig for my Glock 43, and is making it just as I wished. I'm having him make it in brown leather just cuz. All I have now is a stock pic of the KX with a Kahr PM9 but here it is:
KX Lightweight.jpg

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer the leather, but for the summer the rm lowrider is nice iwb.Only have worn iwb twice since open carry became legal.Much more comfortable.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer the leather, but for the summer the rm lowrider is nice iwb.Only have worn iwb twice since open carry became legal.Much more comfortable.

I have to admit I've been half tempted to open carry lately. I just don't want to draw the attention to myself, otherwise I would. Just because it IS much more comfortable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom