Some people are azzholes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being of the middle generation (born in the 80s) I don't believe music, well metal anyway is the cause of this. As someone stated in the beginning of the thread social media has led to people believing there is no direct consequences unless you are a conservative. The police will look at you as the aggressive one if you stand up to douchebaggery and that is rather unfortunate, and the flip side to that coin is they often act like you are inconveniencing them when you get them involved instead of handling it. (this is not meant as a insult to all Leo's just an observation from experience).
I'm getting rambly on this so I'm going to end it with a quote from a movie that you either love or hate.
"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When anyone has to dress, act, look like, clowns, shatter glass with the volumn, smash instruments, to get their music noticed, there music is lacking something, don't you think?
That's a WAY to all encompassing statement. The Commodores for example had some pretty outlandish 'costumes', but their music is timeless. Volume can be attributed to pretty much every rock band including the man in the picture you are responding to, yet his music lives on and is loved by millions, including some of todays youth. As far as smashing instruments goes, Jimmy Hendrix made that pretty famous and he is hailed as a rock icon.

Bigcatrecovery

Marksman
Reaction score
Im not particularly a fan of the Salvation Army but that’s just horrible. Was talking with the Mrs last night noticing the same thing. Seems for maybe the last 5-10 years (could be longer as I’m starting to get old 😳) some of these idiots walking the streets go out of their way to be mean and nasty. We came to the conclusion that it’s mostly coming from a lack of parenting. Sure good parents can have an out of control kid but if she or I did something like that and either of our parents found out first we’d have to pick ourselves up off the floor and then we’d be spending the next month or two doing volunteer work for whomever we offended. I want to say somewhere I read “spare the rod, spoil the child.” Wish I could remember where that was. (Kidding)
That's what happens with parents having to have two jobs (sometimes 3 ). You an really piss the spouse off with this. Society's decline in this country started after WW2. Men were gone, KIA , or MIA during the war and after so women, many for the first time, joined the workforce to fill traditional male jobs. When the war ended there was Korea, single moms, and women who decided out of the house work was better. Thus begins the era of latch key kids, daycares or the equivalent and full time government centered schools. So basically if women had maintained the status quo, we wouldn't be so far declined

Latest posts

Top Bottom