Someone Nailed It !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An eight year study of phone dependent people proves that the phone people would forego food, shelter, sex, and life itself, in order to have their faces buried in the phone. People need their phones. The Phone is what it means to be human.

Edit: Can't find the eight year study on the innertubes, but believe me, it's out there.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One comment on the article in the OP. If it was really written by a twenty six year old woman, she must have cribbed it from endless innerwebs commentary by old resentful men in their pajamas, and yes, old men love Cheetos, too. Why did she do that? (Assuming that she did that)

Last edited:

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An eight year study of phone dependent people proves that the phone people would forego food, shelter, sex, and life itself, in order to have their faces buried in the phone. People need their phones. The Phone is what it means to be human.

Edit: Can't find the eight year study on the innertubes, but believe me, it's out there.

I believe you on the study, for sure.

I'll still argue that for an 18-22 year old college student, many (most) use the mobile phone as their primary source of internet, email, and phone communication. A LARGE portion don't even have a computer, using only the computer labs or maybe a very cheap chrome book to type up papers.

It's arguably not a frivolous expense for what it accomplishes.

I'm not saying all kids should skip college and enter trades, or vice versa, or we should make excuses for them etc. Just that times are different. Opportunity and Literal costs for attending / not attending college are very different now compared to even MY generation a couple decades ago (and I am one of the younger members here), so the choices the current generation makes has to be considered given the times and environment impacting their choices/options. And not the environment and costs that framed those choices when they were made by previous generations.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the OU career fair last week to do some recruiting for work. I got a chance to talk with some of the petroleum engineering students. It's easy to rag on younger generations and all but I'm here to tell you some in that group definitely have their $#it together.
I agree 100%.
A short 4 years ago (or was it 5? What month is this? I'm retired and don't need to remember) before I retired from the Power Plant, we had a mass exodus of senior employees in the control systems and instrumentation field that I worked in due to a new group being formed. We hired a crap ton of new engineers and technically trained with Associates degrees from Okmulgee Tech right out of school. Every single one of them had a desire to work and great work ethics.
They got my respect.
We don't hear about them in the media though. All we hear and read about are the malcontents that insist on the free stuff that is the base for the dimocratic party now.

Agreed. Those of us who have real world contact with real young people believe it's possible that the young people have a Work ethic at least as strong as we did at their age.

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One comment on the article in the OP. If it was really written by a twenty six year old woman, she must have cribbed it from endless innerwebs commentary by old resentful men in their pajamas, and yes, old men love Cheetos, too. Why did she do that? (Assuming that she did that)
I detect a severe form of Trump Derangement Syndrome. Why are you on this forum. I thought demonRATS hated guns. I would suggest you relocate to the liberal, utopian paradise of Venezuela.

Latest posts

Top Bottom