Someone PLEASE Help Me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ewheely, and rahzl100,

Both of you guys get my admiration.
Your course of study will lead you to a field that very few will ever experienced.
Don't know where you got the counseling to start in this direction, but y'all need to be commended:clap3:

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis, if I'd joined OSA when I was younger, I'd be the damn POTUS by now. Everyone on here is great.

But what really got me interested in the Air Force, and it may seem silly. Arkansas-USC game back in 2006. They beat us 77-7, but I didn't even notice because my ears were still ringing from the Sound of Freedom, the F-16 flyover.

rahzel100

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ewheely, and rahzl100,

Both of you guys get my admiration.
Your course of study will lead you to a field that very few will ever experienced.
Don't know where you got the counseling to start in this direction, but y'all need to be commended:clap3:

My grandfather was the one who first peaked my interest in aviation, and I have always felt some sense of debt to my country for being free and all, so I decided to pursue aviation security. I honestly love going to class and learning about terrorism. studying the subject fascinates me.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandfather was the one who first peaked my interest in aviation, and I have always felt some sense of debt to my country for being free and all, so I decided to pursue aviation security. I honestly love going to class and learning about terrorism. studying the subject fascinates me.

Just be sure to try and take some Middle Eastern Studies courses, if you can. Language too. The more we can learn about our perceived enemies' way of life, the better. I guess it goes back to "knowing your enemy." That's my take on it from an international relations perspective. Try to learn enough about another culture to be able to look at the world from their POV. I'm taking a lot of Russian language and history classes. Even Russian literature (blah!). It makes perfect sense why Russia and the US are always, even if only slightly, at odds. We both see ourselves differently, existing in a completely different world.

Off subject, but I heard a Russian joke that's pretty good. Not sure exactly how it goes, but something like this.

Vladimir Putin has a dream. Joseph Stalin comes to him and says, "I want you to paint a room blue, fill it with a hundred people, and kill them all." Putin asks, "Why blue?"

rahzel100

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just be sure to try and take some Middle Eastern Studies courses, if you can. Language too. The more we can learn about our perceived enemies' way of life, the better. I guess it goes back to "knowing your enemy." That's my take on it from an international relations perspective. Try to learn enough about another culture to be able to look at the world from their POV. I'm taking a lot of Russian language and history classes. Even Russian literature (blah!). It makes perfect sense why Russia and the US are always, even if only slightly, at odds. We both see ourselves differently, existing in a completely different world.

Off subject, but I heard a Russian joke that's pretty good. Not sure exactly how it goes, but something like this.

Vladimir Putin has a dream. Joseph Stalin comes to him and says, "I want you to paint a room blue, fill it with a hundred people, and kill them all." Putin asks, "Why blue?"

I have been thinking about taking some Arabic classes for exactly the reason you listed. The more you know the more you can do.

I also LOL at that joke.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can, man, check out the AFROTC detachment in Stillwater. If they have one at least. Arabic is a big plus to them. A buddy of mine is getting a $900 stipend this semester just for taking the class.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I missed out on the social get together here last night. Glad to see OSA came through. :)

I had nothing to do either, so I grabbed some whiskey and watched The Rat Patrol on Netflix all night.

Great times!

Latest posts

Top Bottom