Someone please school me on "solvent traps"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
heck you can buy full auto parts for most guns, most ar's come with them these days. there are all sorts of things that seem illegal, but since the law is based on bs and already pretty dumb on it's surface, there are plenty of ways to skirt it.

>oh? selling this thing is illegal? well i will sell something else and give this away.
>oh? this design is illegal? well i will alter it in an inconsequential way that doesn't affect it's performance or structure

i mean, don't most of have "braces"?

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had never heard of these until I got a newsletter about JK Armaments solvent traps. These are parts used to build a suppressor once you have acquired the proper form1 tax stamp so you can relatively easily convert it. This got me curious so I searched the interwebs for other solvent traps and came across a site called solventtrapshop.com. Here they are clearly selling all sorts of suppressors in some form of a kit. Looks like all you have to do is insert the baffles, screw on the end cap and thread adapter for the appropriate "filter" you will be attaching it to and Bob's your uncle. So how is any of this legal? Clearly they are not fooling the BATFE with their alternative naming of said parts. This particular site appears to be overseas somewhere outside their reach. So what's the catch? How would the feds even allow them to be imported? Do they get delivered to your door by ATF Express asking to see your approved form 1 or it's a free ride to the Iron Bar Hilton? It seems to me that if you possessed one of these the ATF would consider it constructive intent. Let me be clear, I have no interest in obtaining one of these. I already have several properly stamped suppressors. I am just puzzled by the whole thing. It seems as obvious as selling auto sears as key ring fobs.
A solvent trap is an invitation to spend 10 years in federal custody and up to $100k in fines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom