Someone please school me on "solvent traps"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had never heard of these until I got a newsletter about JK Armaments solvent traps. These are parts used to build a suppressor once you have acquired the proper form1 tax stamp so you can relatively easily convert it. This got me curious so I searched the interwebs for other solvent traps and came across a site called solventtrapshop.com. Here they are clearly selling all sorts of suppressors in some form of a kit. Looks like all you have to do is insert the baffles, screw on the end cap and thread adapter for the appropriate "filter" you will be attaching it to and Bob's your uncle. So how is any of this legal? Clearly they are not fooling the BATFE with their alternative naming of said parts. This particular site appears to be overseas somewhere outside their reach. So what's the catch? How would the feds even allow them to be imported? Do they get delivered to your door by ATF Express asking to see your approved form 1 or it's a free ride to the Iron Bar Hilton? It seems to me that if you possessed one of these the ATF would consider it constructive intent. Let me be clear, I have no interest in obtaining one of these. I already have several properly stamped suppressors. I am just puzzled by the whole thing. It seems as obvious as selling auto sears as key ring fobs.
Stay away from this concept and this Fed, uh…I mean thread :laugh6:

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just like what the local yocal told me when I was a teenager and searching my '70 chevelle malibu that had a roach clip with feathers hanging from the rear view mirror.... "These are perfectly legal to buy and own and do whatever with...., but when it has these burn marks on it like this one does, it is considered paraphernalia and I could take you to jail!" 🤦‍♂️ :blush: :laugh6:

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do not cheap out and get the aluminum one. I've heard an internet tale of one on a 5.56 that had an accidental discharge one night that resulted in the body and the cups being launched into space, never to be found again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom