Someone threatened to “shoot up” and kill everyone at my wife’s office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a stressful afternoon to say the least. My wife works at one of the dental clinics on Ft. Sill. She texted me this afternoon around 1:00 PM and said that somebody had just called and made the statement that he was going to shoot up the clinic and kill everyone inside. The caller also made other statements such as wanting to kill anybody associated with the FBI, CIA, and other military personnel. Obviously, the clinic was put on an immediate lockdown. I stayed in constant contact with her for about the next hour. Apparently, there was some kind of mixup between emergency dispatch and the MP’s because it took about 25 minutes for the MP’s to arrive at the clinic. Once they arrived, the parking lot and clinic were cleared of any immediate threat. They remained on lockdown for about 2 more hours after the clinic was cleared. During this time, I had so many thoughts running through my head. Above all else, I am thankful that nothing happened and my wife is safe and at home now. Why would somebody make such a threat on a dental clinic? Was it a disgruntled employee or patient? A dental clinic is obviously not a high value target. Is she safe going to work tomorrow or the next day or the next day after that?

I can only assume the individual that made the threat is not mentally balanced, and it really made me think about our 2A rights. I strongly support the second amendment, and I’m not a proponent of any laws that weaken our ability to own firearms. With that being said, I also empathize with folks that have lost loved ones in senseless mass shootings. I can understand the sentiment from these folks wanting stricter gun laws. If I had lost my wife today to a mentally unstable individual committing a mass shooting, I honestly don’t know if I wouldn’t be the same as others that have lost loved ones. There has been some recent discussion my members on here about what can be done. There’s no easy answers. I have no idea what the answer is that both protects our rights and reduces this kind of violence. I do think that we should be proactive in helping find a solution, but I don’t know where to begin.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If she does not carry, maybe she should at least for a few days.

I do think we need to get off our collective a$$es and get proactive writing Red Flag laws that are a happy middle ground. Say they find out who made the calls, restrict them from owning guns until cleared by a mental health professional.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad everything worked out and your wife is home with you and no one was harmed. As for the person who called in the threat, who knows, it could have just been some sick POS who gets off on making threats. Whatever the case I hope they find him soon and lock his sorry ass up for a very long time.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If she does not carry, maybe she should at least for a few days.

I do think we need to get off our collective a$$es and get proactive writing Red Flag laws that are a happy middle ground. Say they find out who made the calls, restrict them from owning guns until cleared by a mental health professional.
No offense you make a statement in that manner and of that seriousness probably should never allowed a firearm again..!and that a tough statement to make being a gun lover and collector

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No offense you make a statement in that manner and of that seriousness probably should never allowed a firearm again..!and that a tough statement to make being a gun lover and collector
While most of me agrees with you, part of me remembers some of the crap I did when young just out of boredom and stupidity. I do think if caught he needs to have a full mental eval, in a locked mental facility with at least a 30 day hold. If he does have mental issues they should show up, if young and dumb I bet he never pulls anything like that again.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True what age? military age is an adult! and 30 days in a mental facility would keep you from owning ever again I thought. so we still struggle as a society as to what to do?

Last edited:

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While most of me agrees with you, part of me remembers some of the crap I did when young just out of boredom and stupidity. I do think if caught he needs to have a full mental eval, in a locked mental facility with at least a 30 day hold. If he does have mental issues they should show up, if young and dumb I bet he never pulls anything like that again
From what my wife said, this guy was angry. I don’t think he was just young and dumb.

Latest posts

Top Bottom