Someone threatened to “shoot up” and kill everyone at my wife’s office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so what happens when they send a snowflake therapist to interview you and they decide to take your guns? There is no way to convict anyone of anything until they have committed a crime. It's a violation of their rights. Preemption means nothing. You can not convict someone of a crime they might commit. I will not feel sorry for anyone who supported it and became a victim of it.
Yep, and imo judges would rubber stamp the initial request for a red flag seizure. They'd be afraid of denying one and then having a shooting occur.

So everyone will be presumed guilty until proven innocent.

Sorry about the situation encountered by OP and wife. I get the helpless feeling and the desire to do something, but I don't think red flags are it. In this situation, isn't the terroristic threat enough to prosecute him?

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look guys, the anti-gunners ARE going to keep trying to take our guns. It is as simple as that. They will not stop until only the government has guns and preferably only enough to protect the elite. The peasants do not matter. The real problem with Red Flag laws is they are written by anti-gun nuts and are designed to take someone's guns away no matter what. We need to work on them so that the crazy is taken away for eval, not the guns. If the person is judged to be a violent threat then, and only then are guns removed and he is not allowed to buy more. Preferably he is not released until after a few years of treatment.
So the better red flag option is locking up the person for eval rather than taking their guns?

I really don't understand how anyone thinks that red flags will work. Not without making private sales illegal. And creating a registry.

I'm not for ceding more rights away. The 'we have to do something' argument isn't a compelling reason for me to get behind more gun control.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the better red flag option is locking up the person for eval rather than taking their guns?

I really don't understand how anyone thinks that red flags will work. Not without making private sales illegal. And creating a registry.

I'm not for ceding more rights away. The 'we have to do something' argument isn't a compelling reason for me to get behind more gun control.
Even the shooter in Buffalo could have been stopped with a good psychiatric eval. They knew he had issues and had even tortured and beheaded a cat. As it stands several Democrats are writing tougher Red Flag, and other types of anti-gun laws. In the meantime they are turning loose criminals that use guns in crimes.

It used to be when a person showed clear signs of being a threat to others they put them in a locked facility and did a mental eval. True like everything else they screwed it up but at least they were blaming the right thing instead of an inanimate object. We have got to start doing something or you can bet we will lose our rights to own firearms.

JR18

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go through the Fort Sill gate at least 6 times a week for four years and have always had my ID scanned. I have never been "waved" threw. But now it seems like just about anybody can get a visitor pass. Also, I have never had a random vehicle check so if I wanted to bring a gun on base with bad intent it would be too easy.
It seems like as of lately, even before this incident they have been doing inspections more frequently. After 2 years I had my first check last month. Maybe it’s because of graduation/family day coming back after Covid.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, seems the saying if you tell people a lie (we need red flag laws!) long enough some do start believing it and before you know it...BAM
Then it's too late and there ain't no use whining about it afterwards.

Darth-Vang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If she does not carry, maybe she should at least for a few days.

I do think we need to get off our collective a$$es and get proactive writing Red Flag laws that are a happy middle ground. Say they find out who made the calls, restrict them from owning guns until cleared by a mental health professional.
That “Red Flag” law could really be a “double edged” sword. It can be use for good and for evil(for example think: your ex wife or girlfriend decides she’ll get back at you by abusing the said law…🙃🙃🙃🙃) I’d rather that law stays buried deep deep into the ground. Too dangerous. Think deep and hard, or rather “measure twice, cut once.”

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Up until today, I would have hit the Like button without thinking twice about it. I still agree with you, but it does have my mind spinning trying to figure out other possible solutions. I don’t know if any exist, but I can’t stop thinking about it.
My wife’s work the other night had a guy show up down here at the hospital and he threatened to kill people. I’m not gonna say we need more laws. As was already stated, we already have laws. Creating more anti gun laws will not do a thing. Seems to me so many on here are so willing to “compromise “ their rights away. Red flag laws do not work. We have seen that in other states. It is also unconstitutional on many fronts. It can never be done where there is due process.

But I feel better knowing we have 20,000+ gun laws and her work has no guns allowed on the doors to make her safe.

Now please don’t take this as me attacking you. I’m merely stating my thoughts. I probably should have responded to Rick as he is really wanting more anti gun laws. It doesn’t matter who writes them. They will be unconstitutional. The only way they won’t is if we draft bills that remove gun laws. Now that I can get behind. These kinds of people are always gonna do this stuff. Whether we ban them from owning weapons or not they won’t stop. Criminals will never follow the law. They are meaningless to them.

If our country was tougher on the crimes it should be things would be a lot better. But that won’t happen. We will continue to be soft on crime. Unless it’s drugs or something to do with taxes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom