Something eating my bell peppers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only have one bell pepper plant since we do not eat them that much. It had 3 small but nice peppers growing but this even I found something had eaten the bottoms off the peppers. Very smooth almost like something cut the bottoms off with a knife. Any ideas what it might be?

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love bell peppers RickN....I've grown them for years and have never had anything bother them.....I have had rabbits eating the lettuce, spinach, carrots and tomatoes in the garden but never had any problems with any of my pepper plants.....It might be aliens.....

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only have one bell pepper plant since we do not eat them that much. It had 3 small but nice peppers growing but this even I found something had eaten the bottoms off the peppers. Very smooth almost like something cut the bottoms off with a knife. Any ideas what it might be?
"Pepper Weevils.
Pepper weevils are somewhat small insects with a hard body. They have a long proboscis that they utilize to eat pepper plant leaves and other tissues. Both their larvae and adult versions eat pepper plant leaves and pods. The larvae cause the most damage to pepper plant fruits."

We had a run in with some of theses in our garden last year destroyed two of our pepper plants, got some organic garden safe spray from Lowes and it took care of the issue, fair warning that stuff stinks like a pile of S*** though

Latest posts

Top Bottom