Something more enjoyable - what's on your Christmas list?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, my wife asked me yesterday what I wanted for Christmas, and to be honest, I didn't know what to tell her.

I mean, I have my own "play money" every month out of the budget that I use for essentials like gas and food while commuting, buying pizza and such for the crew at work, etc., as well as whatever extras I want - like guns & ammo, gadgets and such. And whiskey. lol. Basically my own interests.

But... I would feel guilty submitting a list of "I want a Vortex Razor 3-18x50 FFP" or "I could use a new processor for the stereo in my car". I just... I dunno, don't want to see her spending much money on me, when it means taking away money we could spend on her or The Boy or family, or giving to others. We have a set budget we've decided on for our "charitable giving," but I think, why should we spend money on presents for me when I could give that to someone who actually is in need?

Anyways, I got to wondering, if your spouse/S.O. has asked you, or were to ask you, what you wanted, what is on your list?

Maybe I just need some ideas? lol

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, what are you planning to get for your family members?

I know for my wife, I need to get her a tablet and a phone. She mentioned a Google Pixel 2. Which is like... $800+??? She would actually kill me if I spent that on a phone for her, she absolutely HAD to have been kidding. I mean, if you knew my wife, there is NO way she would want to spend that on a phone for herself. And her tablet is a hand-me-down from my kid from like 4 years ago, I think. It got wet and stopped working, so we got him a new one, then she randomly tried to power it on one day a couple years back and it fired up. But it's been temperamental and spotty, and I think it finally gave up the ghost. Mine is actually much older than that, but it is still working ok, so no need at the moment. So I'm open to some nice Android phones if ya'll have one you don't want! lol

For The Boy, I think I'ma get him a decent entry-level quad-copter, maybe with a camera, he's finally getting a phone - he's been asking for a couple years now, and he's 12½, so I think we can finally give in. I'm going to give him my old S5 for now, not going to spend anything on his first phone. He'll be on StraightTalk, as well, so he'll have to learn to limit his data usage. We've talked about getting him a new tablet, as well, since I've repaired his 3 times now. <sigh> Not from his irresponsibility, once was a battery, once when a friend grabbed it away and dropped it, breaking the screen, and once to replace a part I screwed up repairing the screen. :clap3: Yay me. lol

Oh, and I think I'm going to get him a kit to build a Raspberry Pi 3, and also a Youth Digital modding suite to help him get more into computer stuff. He needs some stimulation, school is boring as f*** for him these days.

I know we are fortunate to be able to do any decent Christmas at all... truly fortunate. And like I said, we have also set back a substantial amount to give to others this year. I am so glad and grateful that we are able to do so. :D

So... what other plans do you guys have?

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. Everyone on this site goes through the same thing, this time of year. As callous as it sounds, I give my wife money for shopping after christmas and a small present she don't know about. It's what we do and it works because my gift buying skills suck.
As for what I want, not much. I don't want my wife spending money on me for a gift. I have told her that.
She will do what she wants and last year she bought me a bulk box of 1000 rounds of 9mm and that was nice.
Maybe I'll have her get a local to try and make a custom holster for my Kimber.
Yep. I'll go with that.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want more than just the day off from Christmas.

I dont really have any "wants". I'm kinda like the OP...pretty well have everything I want or need and the few things I still want are waaay too expensive for an Xmas gift.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The adults in my family don’t buy gifts for each other.
The grand kids get so much stuff that we all decided to give them gift cards so they can pool them and get something more expensive that they can pick out on their own.
My sister is getting the doe I got last night for her Christmas.
Basically Christmas for the adults is just getting together for good food and family time. We put on a pretty good feast.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife got a G602 mouse for her computer.

I need to replace the headlights in my truck and thinking about swapping from reflector single bulbs to projectors so I can mod and have both bulbs on when the high beam is on. May not get them till after the new year unless the semi broken part on the current headlights gives up.

No grandchildren and will probably send my step daughter some money so she can get what she needs or grab a computer game off of steam that has a very low completion ratio so she can bang her head on the keyboard.

After that get the dog something to chew on and that is pretty much it. We went to Branson and saw Silver Dollar city's setup which is the one thing I really wanted to do for the wife.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We don't do a lot of gifting. Some things for grandkids, usually book and she makes them something. ( there's 12 of them, so it adds up quick. )
Mainly, it is get together, food and games.

I have been looking at a new vibratory case cleaner. Had about decided on the Frankford Arsenal. Mid-South had one for $52. Seen one at Academy, yesterday, $39 and she bought it.
Ordered an Anderson stripped upper, $42. M4 has a carry handle, going to swap out for the flat top.

Will get her some perfume and something. She got her Insta-pot, on Black Friday and a car load from Bath & Body works ( since granddaughter is working there, a lot of my money will end up there )

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the wife and I, we seldom, if ever, give each other Christmas gifts. Largely because that isn't what Christmas means to us, but also because we get, or allow the other to get, things throughout the year. She likes to say she has gotten so much during the year that she needs nothing at Christmas. Now, she's even thinking of looking into selling off her jewelry, mostly because she isn't really wearing it much. However, I'm also afraid that she might consider taking what she gets from the jewelry to buy me a new Nikon D810. Those aren't cheap.

Personally, I'd rather she keep her jewelry, and I can certainly get by with what I already have in the way of camera equipment. As for our kids, they are both in their 40's, so we have no clue as to what any of them would want, and that includes the grandkids, whom I haven't seen in about 2 years or so. We did pick up some Indian jewelry for the grandkids when we took a recent trip from Kanab over towards Page, AZ.

Just for giggles, a gift I received on that trip was beautiful.

Vermillion Cliffs area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom